The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How do I add Sparkle Powder to flash paper? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Hi, I was told I can make an amazing effect by adding sparkle powder to flash paper. However, as the flash paper is dry, the powder just rolls off the paper. I don't really want to use any kind of glue. Does anyone know how to attach sparkle powder to flash paper?
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
To be honest, I would not want to do that. The sparkle powder does not burn like the flash paper and can cause burned flesh, equipment, or other things.
One would have to use a repositional glue and that would also affect the burn aspect of the flashpaper.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
I use a SMALLLLL piece of flash cotton with the sparkle added then folded into a flash paper pouch.very small.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sparkle powder is not used with flash paper or flash cotton. As stated, you will burn and kill people. Please do your research and educate yourself.

Try Theater Effects website and study up.
Drylid
View Profile
Regular user
San Antonio, TX
107 Posts

Profile of Drylid
Idk about burning and killing people. Ive used sparkle additive plenty of times with no problem. I've even purchased flash paper with sparkle additive IN it sooo.. IDK what to tell you bill.

heres the link https://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop......Ir_D_BwE
wizard43830
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of wizard43830
It has been years but the ( Sparkle additive ) I had you just rubbed on the paper or string and shook of the excess. It was a powdery silver/gray powder.
If memory serves me right I had picked it up from Paul Diamond. Just my 2 cents.
tonysmith
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of tonysmith
I have used sparkle powder with both paper and cotton. Still alive, as are the audience. Some suppliers of flash paper have precoated Sparkle Flash Paper. It is difficult to make you sheets! With cotton I tend to use in flash devices. Always put untreated cotton in first if using electronic flash devices to protect the element, then add your sparkle additive.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is new item with shooting Sparkle power from bare hand.

https://tricksupply.com/product/pyrowiza......effects/
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I just put a bit of powder in middle of flash paper or cotton and crumple the paper or cotton around the powder. I use the cotton with flash powder in my finger flasher.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Sparkle powder is not used with flash paper or flash cotton. As stated, you will burn and kill people. Please do your research and educate yourself.

I think Bill might mean in a handheld fashion or as magicians are known to do by lighting it and throwing. In fact, flash paper and sparkle additive are exactly how we make airburst charges for theatrical use but those are fired electrically in the air.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How do I add Sparkle Powder to flash paper? (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL