The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Advice Choosing a Mat Material (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicwiia
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
I'm new to magic and want a surface for practicing card tricks. I'm going to order one of the mats from Pattrick's. I've been to their website and they offer three surface choices:

1) Standard
2) Plush
3) Spectrum

Which of these three do you recommend for card work?

Also, what size is appropriate? My gut tells me it's better to have more space and not need. Would 14"x17" be large enough for most work or should I just get 17"x28"?
magicwiia
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
I ended up choosing the Plush Pro 1 and will report back after I've used it.
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
So what's your verdict??
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Could someone please hire magicwiia so he can report back on how he liked his new mat.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
There is a short video on the website that explains each material surface if you still have questions. We also have another domain name that can take you to the updated page. It is www.pattsmatts.com more information coming soon. Thank You for looking
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
Plush, burgundy, Pro 1. The spectrum sheds and bleeds color onto some props.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Circuit Braker, Please call me as I would like to know what and how the mat can shed and bleed color onto your props. 419-297-3037 This is of great interest to me. Thank You. Patrick
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
I have to correct my previous statement. The spectrum material does not bleed color onto props. It was dust from when the material was cut. This was also the reason for what seemed like shedding. The dust just washed off my props using normal water and nothing was permanently damaged.

I talked with Patrick and he explained the dust issue to me and said that it has already been addressed. The spectrum materials are now cleaned after cutting.

I tried using a more recent spectrum mat I purchased, but had not got around to using yet. After an hour of use there was no shedding or dust on props. That much use was enough to convince me that it will not shed or leave dust on props.

So I can confirm this issue has been resolved.

To address the original topic, I prefer plush and spectrum, burgundy, pro 1.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Advice Choosing a Mat Material (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL