The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Miniature Fire Eating Act? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bluejay17!
View Profile
Regular user
DC
120 Posts

Profile of bluejay17!
I want to perform fire eating and other fire tricks on a smaller scale, possibly even indoors. What would this look like?
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm an old fire eater. It's dangerous! Only attempt it with training from someone who is a successful fire eater.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Lloyd McDonald
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lloyd McDonald
Not quite sure what you mean minature. I have over forty years experience. I guess seems I have a face and no lasting scars you might say I have been successful. If you just want an indoor show you should be aware of cealing fansand or drafts. Secondly your next enemy is smoke alarms. Meaning you gotta know when to stop. I am assuming you have had or intend to get some experience. Lastly for blowing out of your mouth I have found that butane is excellent. It doesn't drip, it is clean and can be controlled. That is about all that I can tell you. Expect to burn your tongue eyelashes and lips. Most important know when to stop. Undoubtedly your ego will lead you to push past what is safe and the limitations of your fuel in the torch. Take precautions and I think you will do well.

I
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Was at a show in Harrisburg where the fire eater set off the smoke detectors. That got annoying quick.

Techniques have changed over the years - look up a guy called Shade Flamewater. He's the best one I know of (Though I am not nearly as keyed into the community as I once was).

Do definitely get trained by someone who knows what they are doing. It's dangerous. Also, check into the laws regarding fire and pyrotechnics indoors for your area. There are plenty of places that won't allow an open flame in an indoor act at all. Like Rhode Island. Other places may require a special permit and certain fire safety standards be met.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Circuit_Breaker
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Circuit_Breaker
Eating lit cigarettes is like a miniature fire eating routine. There are several tricks you can do with that. Like breathing out smoke after eating them. And of course reproducing them from your mouth still lit.

You can also do full lit cigarette routines. People will wonder where the lit cigarettes are coming from. And why you haven't burnt your clothes or yourself in the process. You need to be properly trained to do all of this too.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
They no longer make the lit production gimmicks for cigarettes. Been a long time since they have been available. Thing is you can get smoke coming from you clothing, and smell like cigarettes until you take shower and get the cloths to the dry cleaners.

No one is doing it these days that I know of. Cigarettes are just taboo everywhere with audiences. You can still get books on producing lit cigarette like the old vaudeville magicians.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
This is a very old topic but besides cigarettes being taboo, it's almost impossible to get an indoor venue that allows fire.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Miniature Fire Eating Act? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL