The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ice pick through hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrei Duduc
View Profile
New user
Romania
27 Posts

Profile of Andrei Duduc
Yes, I want to do it, why? I've been doing through and through for years, but with needles, and I want to take it to the next step, and yes, seeing David do it made me believe that there is the next step before anyone thinks I'm just copying and go on rambles about how stupid it is, I want you to know that I am really into geek magic, I ate glass, did lots things maybe even stupid stuff when I was younger, but now I limit myself to what I do as a character you should be limited to what you can do, but I do want to do this from time to time. So I am writing here for advice, things to consider before doing it, awaiting any tips or advice on how should I do it, I hope someone can help, and I appreciate you taking your time to read this ''madness''.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 9, 2020, Andrei Duduc wrote:
Yes, I want to do it, why? I've been doing through and through for years, but with needles, and I want to take it to the next step, and yes, seeing David do it made me believe that there is the next step before anyone thinks I'm just copying and go on rambles about how stupid it is, I want you to know that I am really into geek magic, I ate glass, did lots things maybe even stupid stuff when I was younger, but now I limit myself to what I do as a character you should be limited to what you can do, but I do want to do this from time to time. So I am writing here for advice, things to consider before doing it, awaiting any tips or advice on how should I do it, I hope someone can help, and I appreciate you taking your time to read this ''madness''.

well let me start with ... you're crazy, just copying and a mad man!

There that is out of the way. So, I have no idea! Have you tried Swami Mantra? Its bound to be in there (JOKE! don't!).

I would say that this is one of the ones where you defenitly want to have one to one tuition. Even then .... wow its a big one. Of course in the UK an ice pick is very different to an ice pick in the USA.

When we say icepick in the uk we mean: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt......c&uact=8

When you say it you mean: https://assets.urbanbar.com/wp-content/u......UB32.jpg

feel I may have messed up on the old link posting there?
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Dave - The first image you posted, we call an Ice Axe. He's definitely referring to the second one.

Andrei - Find a sideshow artist that is willing to teach you "Human Pincushion". Or Pain Resistance. Also, ask around about their reputation - you don't want to learn from someone that's haphazard or doesn't care if you get hurt.

Also, having attempted this feat myself I will also advise putting some time into learning how to sharpen an ice pick. They might feel sharp when you tap the point but they are seriously difficult to get through.

All that being said, please be aware of these things -
1) You are going to injure yourself at points.
2) You need to be absolutely meticulous regarding cleanliness or you risk serious infection.
3) There's a good chance you're going to end up doing permanent damage if you do perform this regularly.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Andrei Duduc
View Profile
New user
Romania
27 Posts

Profile of Andrei Duduc
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2020, WitchDocChris wrote:
Dave - The first image you posted, we call an Ice Axe. He's definitely referring to the second one.

Andrei - Find a sideshow artist that is willing to teach you "Human Pincushion". Or Pain Resistance. Also, ask around about their reputation - you don't want to learn from someone that's haphazard or doesn't care if you get hurt.

Also, having attempted this feat myself I will also advise putting some time into learning how to sharpen an ice pick. They might feel sharp when you tap the point but they are seriously difficult to get through.

All that being said, please be aware of these things -
1) You are going to injure yourself at points.
2) You need to be absolutely meticulous regarding cleanliness or you risk serious infection.
3) There's a good chance you're going to end up doing permanent damage if you do perform this regularly.

Thank you allot for the advice, I do not plan to do this on a regular basis, I will do it only on ''special'' occasions, I want to learn how to push my body ''to the extreme'' and learn new things about myself, right now I am studying the needle through lips as I have read in Oriental Conjuring in Magic it is just pain tolerance, honestly I do not know of anybody in my country who is remotely knowledgable in these regards, however, I still want to study this, and get good at it, not only pain-related things but just geek magic in general, I always found the fakirs stunts interesting, there's something just mystical still there and it still is entertaining even after all these thousands of years, if you have any other advice related to any of the subject I would appreciate your time, even simple things, every bit of information is helpful. I am never the one to just do things hap hazardously, I want to study and really be as accurate as I can, I appreciate your time, and yes I was referring to the second version from above that Dave provided, I do not plan to become a full on fakir, it just fits with my mentalism performance and my look and characther.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
If I'm being totally honest my advice is don't do it.

However, I doubt you'll heed that advice so another place you might look is with a body piercer. In the US you have to have certain bloodborn pathogen certifications to be a piercer legally and that's stuff you should know. Furthermore, piercers are people who put metal through bodies - which is what you're trying to do. The more 'extreme' body modification shops will probably have advice on how to accomplish this feat and you may be able to learn from them.

Another possibility, with a lot of overlap in the same communities, is body suspension troupes. They're the ones that put the hooks through their skin and then hoist up with a rig so they're hanging. Most of them also frequently work in the piercing community.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 15, 2020, WitchDocChris wrote:
If I'm being totally honest my advice is don't do it.
you might look is with a body piercer. In the US you have to have certain bloodborn pathogen certifications to be a piercer legally and that's stuff you should know...

*** my dyslexia! I miss read that twice in a row - it took me a lot of thought. I could not see/read the word "certification". So all that made it through to my brain (of oh such small proportions) was that in the USA you have to have certain bloodborne pathogens to be able to work as a piercer. I'm like wow... that's dedication! getting an infection just so you can pierce other people! Got to laugh some times!

I was 99% sure I knew which one you were going to be using. I would say you have some good solid advice from WitchDocChris!

I knew that there would be someone reading here who could guide you the right way.

I wish you the best of luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Ice pick through hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL