The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Red Fox Playing Cards by Kelly Ten Hove (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

I wanted to give everyone in our Café community a last chance to check out my pal Kelly and his very first Kickstarter project - only a few days left!

Red Fox Playing Cards

These playing cards are custom designed and 100% drawn by hand.

Unique marked cards for magic, cardistry, and collecting.

Printed by the United States Playing Card Co.

ABOUT THIS PROJECT...

More than just an ordinary deck of cards... ​Take a journey and see all that Red Fox has to offer!

Red Fox Playing Cards are for everyone, including the card player, the cardist, the collector, and the magician!

THE CARD PLAYER

The fun, colorful design, combined with our own spin on the traditional card faces, will bring a new flair to all of your classic card games.
Our stretch goal design is an unmarked deck for serious card games.

THE CARDIST

Unique colors and rotationally symmetric backs for the perfect card fan. The hand-drawn artwork will create a rainbow of color as you manipulate these cards.
USPCC produced cards with a modern cut and the classic Air-Cushion™ finish make for beautiful fans, spreads, and of course the perfect faro shuffle.

THE COLLECTOR

Unique in design and full of hidden secrets. This is a design worth having more than one of on the shelf.
So many details, secrets, and hidden "easter eggs!" Use 9 tuck boxes like a puzzle for a unique picture!

THE MAGICIAN

The USPCC quality you are familiar with for all your sleight of hand. Deck includes a double back card, a duplicate card, and access to our free magic tricks website.
This deck is also one of the first of its kind with its special marked backs. The marked deck that doesn’t “go to the movies” that will fool laymen and magicians alike. Marked backs that only you can see.
Virtually invisible markings to your spectators.

READING THE MARKINGS

Every deck of cards come with a pair of free red decoder glasses to help you learn the markings.
NOTE: Once you know where to look, the glasses are no longer needed!

Learn the markings with the glasses, THEN do the tricks without the glasses!

Easy for you to find without the glasses when you know where to look. With about 10 minutes of practice you will be an expert.
No one will know but you! We have tested this and everyone so far cannot find the markings, even when told it's a marked deck - yet after shown with the red glasses, they can then read them effortlessly with the naked eye.

THE DESIGN

Red Fox Playing Cards are hand-drawn with pencil crayons back and front, including every aspect of the tuck box.
The colors were carefully chosen for their distraction as well as the ability to hide the many secrets that the deck holds. Playful and deceptive. Card faces were color-matched for the theme, while staying close to the classic look of playing cards.
We had some fun with the Jokers, Ace of Spades, and court cards! The tuck box continues with the theme by adding many features and hidden secrets, as well as creating a unique 9-box picture never before done.

THE CARD FACES

The colored pencil pips tie this hand-drawn deck together, all while staying unique, as well as recognizable.

THE COURT CARDS

The King and Queen of Hearts are look-a-likes of the creators of Red Fox Playing Cards.
The Queen has done all of the artwork! The King of Clubs is a [b]Chris Ramsay
look-a-like. The Ace of Spades will say "RED FOX" when viewed through the red filter glasses. The Queen of Spades is holding a reveal card - the Six of Diamonds.

THE JOKERS

The Jokers hold some secrets of their own. The first is a "Hello" Joker.

Through the red decoder glasses, he peeks at the bird...

The second is the "Goodbye" Joker.

He is winking when viewed through the red filter. Can you tell why he is named the "Goodbye" Joker and why he is winking at you? Maybe he just had his lunch!

FOX BOX

A never before done wrap-around design that allows you to take 9 tuck boxes, and, placing some right side up and some upside down, create one long unique picture.
Notice that there is a running and sleeping fox on the bottom, as well as the top.

THE RED FOX LOGO

Our logo is an ambigram logo, which is just a fancy word that means that it will look the same right side up and upside down, spelling out the words "Red Fox" both ways.

SUPER STAR SUPPORT

Chris Ramsay Shout-out (YouTube star with ~3 Million+ followers) VIEW FROM 1:00-1:50

Richard Bellars (Penn and Teller FOOLER, Season 1 Episode 4)

Hundreds of hours have been invested into the artwork and marketing of these cards and we are excited for everyone that is a part of our story to make this dream come true!

ABOUT THE CREATORS

Red Fox Playing Cards were designed and created by us, a husband and wife team. I, as an amateur magician, met my wife, the artist, in college in the year 2001, where we made great foosball partners. We married in 2006.

Currently, Ricki has given up her full-time high school math and science teaching position to homeschool our two children. She enjoys art projects and has done all of the artwork for theRed Fox Playing Cards. Kelly is a pilot for Morningstar Air Express flying FedEx planes in Canada. He is an amateur magician who enjoys performing tricks for friends, family, and strangers.

RISKS AND CHALLENGES

As this is our first Kickstarter project we realize there will be risks and challenges but we plan to mitigate them as much as possible.
MARKETING: For this we are partnering with some great people who are already well established on social media. There is no risk to the backers as it is an all or nothing campaign.
BUDGET: My wife as a high school math teacher and myself as a pilot, we have done the math down to the penny and are certain we can deliver our project once funded.
DELIVERY: We have the shipping supplies planned and ready to fulfill any number of orders in any and every quantity. I've gone as far as testing a deck of cards in our packaging by running it in the dryer for an hour to ensure when we ship, your cards will arrive in pristine condition.
QUALITY: We have chosen USPCC to print our cards and are confident in their printing ability.
TIMELINE: This is the biggest challenge for us, as this is our first campaign. To mitigate this challenge we have been in communication for some time already with USPCC and are hoping for a smooth flow. We are deep in conversation and have already submitted artwork so that we will be ready to print as soon as we have the funding. If there are any hiccups along the way rest assured that we will not sacrifice quality and we will keep you informed. Our goal is to try and over promise so as to deliver on-time or early.

Thank you! Smile

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
If you riffle the cards, do you hear a voice saying, "This is the big one, baby!"?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Ekaterina has also released some Red Fox Playing Cards, with the help of a Kickstarter campaign - I guess this one beat her to it for the name!

Her cards have a more traditional look, and are geared more to magicians than collectors.

I like the soft pastel-style colours and charming design of Kelly's deck, although the back design is a little too busy (there's no single shape that makes it memorable). The court cards are nicely done too, but as far as the number cards go I think many collectors nowadays look for more customization there.

Great deck though!
kellycards347
View Profile
New user
Canada
19 Posts

Profile of kellycards347
Thanks for the honest input! Yeah me and Ekaterina discussed the name, kinda unfortunate that we both had the same name idea. She's now "Fox Cards" by Ekaterina. The Red Fox Playing Cards is not just a one-off deck either, it's a whole brand! We have our version 2.0 releasing Sept. 22, 2020 on Kickstarter. Check out the link if you want to follow along. Our V2.0 is actually our 3rd deck. We also have stickers, poker chips etc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/red......cards-v2

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Red Fox Playing Cards by Kelly Ten Hove (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL