The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Non Playing Card Card Tricks? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eyevandrago
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Eyevandrago
Hi everyone. I recently got a copy of Cinemental by Nikolas Mavresis and I think it’s a clever effect with beautiful artwork. I’m also eyeing SNAPS by David Jonathan & Dan Harlan which is a deck of photo cards available for pre order on Penguin. I wonder if anyone has a list or if people could give me suggestions of other effects and decks of cards that are not traditional playing cards. ESP cards are obviously another. Do people know and like any other specialty printed deck effects?

Thanks!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Sean Mann
View Profile
Regular user
Essex, UK
160 Posts

Profile of Sean Mann
Dan Ives has the Charades deck produced by Alakazam.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Alphabet cards, Tarot
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Gennovense
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Gennovense
You Know by David Jonathan.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
A routine I always liked from the 2nd Book of John, now sadly OOP, was "The Horse Race" using number cards. It looked to me like it would be very commercial and audience-involving. Never did find the number cards though!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2020, Eyevandrago wrote:
Hi everyone. I recently got a copy of Cinemental by Nikolas Mavresis and I think it’s a clever effect with beautiful artwork. I’m also eyeing SNAPS by David Jonathan & Dan Harlan which is a deck of photo cards available for pre order on Penguin. I wonder if anyone has a list or if people could give me suggestions of other effects and decks of cards that are not traditional playing cards. ESP cards are obviously another. Do people know and like any other specialty printed deck effects?

Thanks!

Anything by Emerson and West.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
61 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
Jay Sankey's Target Practice is a really great effect with specially printed cards. And Show Biz Card by Guy Bavil is another great non trick with non cards, though it does need a card to be chosen. Also ESPecially WILD by Paul Hallas. Or what about the Tamariz Rabbit (available in both Jumbo and regular).

As ringmaster mentioned Emerson and West created plenty and in fact I have a bunch more to add to my site which I hope to get to soon.

andy
Martin's Magic Collection
The Largest Online Collection of Rare, Vintage, and New Magic!
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
Card Artistry by Justin Flom
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
Also BM Project is a great one
laenan
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of laenan
I liked the Rorschach Ink Blot cards (in principle ESP cards) by Card-Shark.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Girls night out...or Night out with the Girls as also marketed.

Great clean comedy routine that gets a lot of laughs
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Non Playing Card Card Tricks? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL