The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Question about Morphed? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

abbeylane
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of abbeylane
Can anyone comment on "Morphed" by Daryl.

Is it like "Anniversary Waltz"?

Does it require refills? If so, can you buy refills anywhere?
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Just by looking at the demo and the per-sale price and product description on Murphy's my deductive conclusion is that this product is simply a single gimmick playing card with instructions. The cheap wholesale price of $6.95 seems to make me conclude that they are trying to market this as a possible consumable item therefore pricing it low to help facilitate that. I couldn't find any refill products for this Item and suspect that their price strategy is an attempt to make the main product some what economical as a repeat purchase, thus a refill in and of itself.

Even at that price, $6.95 a card is expensive when you can get a full deck of Anniversary Waltz cards with instructions from Garrett Thomas and Doc Eason for $19.95 wholesale. One Morphed card is equal to 34% of a deck of Garrett's and Doc Easons Anniversary Waltz cards.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=56412

For me personally the novelty of the gimmick isn't enough for me to outlay that level of expense for a consumable item. I would much rather stick to the traditional Anniversary Waltz because it's better priced and better value for money.

Magically

Aus
abbeylane
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of abbeylane
Aus. I agree. I’ve been using the “waltz” for a while now, so why change?
Beowulf
View Profile
Loyal user
Thomas A. Lilly
284 Posts

Profile of Beowulf
I've done Anniversary Waltz for a while now, and I added Waltzing Cheek to Cheek for the variety. So having been pleased with the Daryl Legacy Red Prediction and Crossed Thought, I bought Morphed as a quickie version of the Anniversary theme with the intention of giving away the morphed card. But a search for a supply of refill cards turned up nothing but 'discontinued'. I contacted Murphy's Magic and was told that there are no refills and there will be no refills sans purchasing them one-at-a-time at the full price of the trick. Disappointing. I have refills for Side Swiped and Gang of Four, DF's for Anniversary, and decks of Tornado cards. So much for a Legacy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Question about Morphed? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL