The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Blue Phantom (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2020, Payner44 wrote:
It’s Andy’s own shop and, I believe, the only place to get this other than from a private party. He makes them to order and worth every penny!!

Ok that’s fantastic, again thank you for your help 👍
dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
I found another version of Architect's Nightmare on an old auction. https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/999......of-magic
dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
My BP from Andy is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I am very excited.
dfolson
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of dfolson
Andy's BP is a piece of artwork! Stunning - I am very happy!
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2020, dfolson wrote:
Andy's BP is a piece of artwork! Stunning - I am very happy!

I told you!! Smile
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Cebulon
View Profile
New user
Germany, BW
89 Posts

Profile of Cebulon
I am happy to read that this trick is still available. It's been on my wish list forever.
j2bgrt
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of j2bgrt
I got mine from Andy today in the US. It is absolutely beautiful and a piece of art. I collect magic and perform, not for money, but for friends, family and co-workers. Must say I really enjoy what he has created. Such a piece of beauty, in just only looking at it. That was my first impression just seeing it from the UK. Very happy with mine and couldn't be happier. Thank you Andy for creating a great piece of history and also recreating it in such a beautiful way. I want to say Thank you to Magic Mark who steered me in Andy's direction. Thank you very much Mark of your review of this topic of the Blue Phantom I have learned so much about. Always my best,
Jon
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
351 Posts

Profile of magicone
Also received mine about a week ago in blue and very happy with it!
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
61 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
Quote:
On Apr 23, 2019, erichoudini wrote:
I just received my Blue Phantom from Andy Hurst. Beautiful apparatus and good instructions from Andy. The video performances on the web are great for presentation tips.
Eric.

Hi Eric,

I've owned quite a few of the smaller Blue Phantoms (as opposed to the full size ones) and although many people rave about the Tony Lackner Blue Phantom, for my money the Andy Hurst version is the best for close-up performance. Andy Hurst produce a Limited Edition Copper version which is the one I use to this day and you can see me in the video on this page too (with the bottom video is of course Wayne Dobson using the Voit/Lackner version).

Glad you found my videos useful too, I think it is a great effect that is rarely performed which I think is a pity, because it resonates well with the audience and is easy to do Smile

Andy
Martin's Magic Collection
The Largest Online Collection of Rare, Vintage, and New Magic!
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
61 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
For completeness, here is a full-size one with the Climax ending from Paul Lembo. I don't do stage or parlor any more so the close-up versions are the only ones I look at these days. I keep meaning to get an Owen's one just for completeness of my site, but there is only so much cash and time ...

andy
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
61 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
Oh and of course I forget to mention Wellington's Blue Phantom Perfected, but these are expensive and very hard to find - only 13 sets out there. As pretty and clever as this is, I'll stick with the Andy Hurst one for actual performance.

andy
steadyeddy2000
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of steadyeddy2000
F the ZZM one is the small 6 inch tall "blue phantom with metal base, it's a beautiful one and am so happy to have one in my collection...reason I didn't buy the one by Magic Wagon as I thought it was no match to the German mini version.
mir11
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of mir11
Does anyone have for sale or know where to purchase Wellington's Blue Phantom Perfected?
Jitterbug
View Profile
New user
Belgium
79 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
Quote:
On Dec 7, 2020, martinsmagic wrote:
As pretty and clever as this is, I'll stick with the Andy Hurst one for actual performance.

andy

Do you perform it exactly like in the video? I think it is over very quickly, couldn't it be milked a bit more, and make it into a more elabore routine? Perhaps add another trick?
Has anyone ever done that?
CDenys
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of CDenys
I like blue phantom. I’ve both Lackner and Hurst.
Like in the vidéo, the secret move seems to obvious and a little to noisy. May be it’s just a wrong feeling. For the moment I’ve no idea of another presentation to hide this.
CDenys
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of CDenys
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2022, CDenys wrote:
I like blue phantom. I’ve both Lackner and Hurst.
Like in the vidéo, the secret move seems to obvious and a little to noisy. May be it’s just a wrong feeling. For the moment I’ve no idea of another presentation to hide this.

* too obvious and a little too noisy…
magic11ryan
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of magic11ryan
Interesting prop! But it seems the routine is pretty short (online I can only find a two phase routine), at the end can the whole process be repeated or we will need to set things up "secretly" again?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Yes, there is a reset involved that cannot be really done in the open.

As for hiding the secret move... I don't attempt to hide it. Rather, I make the first move the same. When the blue checker is at the top of the stack I pick up the covered stack with both hands (one hand at the tip of the center rod) and I "shake" the blue checker from the top to the middle. I repeat that move for the blue checker's travel from center to bottom (executing the secret move at the same time).

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Anders K
View Profile
New user
Denmark
29 Posts

Profile of Anders K
What a brilliant idea Mark! Thanks for sharing ????
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2022, Magic Mark wrote:
Yes, there is a reset involved that cannot be really done in the open.

As for hiding the secret move... I don't attempt to hide it. Rather, I make the first move the same. When the blue checker is at the top of the stack I pick up the covered stack with both hands (one hand at the tip of the center rod) and I "shake" the blue checker from the top to the middle. I repeat that move for the blue checker's travel from center to bottom (executing the secret move at the same time).

Mark

Very good idea Mark. Thank you for sharing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Blue Phantom (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL