The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » QUEBEC CITY (CANADA) IN NOMINATION FOR FISM 2021 (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
LE CLUB DE MAGIE DU QUÉBEC AND CANADIAN ASSOCIATION OF MAGIC ARE PROUD
TO BE IN NOMINATION FOR FISM 2021.

What is FISM( Fédération Internationale des Sociétés Magiques) :
–
FISM is the international body bringing together the world’s leadingmagic societies.

The Federation was created in 1948 and today consists of more than 95 magic societies, both national and international, as well as national Federations which represent over 50,000 magicians from some 50 countries.

FISM QUÉBEC 2021
JULY 26 TO JULY 31, 2021 , QUEBEC, (QUEBEC), CANADA.

Organisers :
RENÉE-CLAUDE AUCLAIR , president.
PIERRE HAMON , GENERAL MANAGER .

Final vote will be held in Busan , South Korea in July 2018.

OVER 2000 MAGICIANS PARTICIPATING !!

A PRESTIGIOUS LIST OF OVER 40 SPEAKERS PERFORMERS !

REPRESENTING MORE THAN100 DEALERS !

SUPPORT US
You can support us by joining our mailling list or write a comment in our Facebook page.

www.facebook.com/fismquebec2021

You can write to your magic club President to vote for us.

The official announcement will be done in Busan, South Korea, in July 2018.

Official website : http://www.fismquebec2021.com/home

Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/fismquebec2021

We will know in July 2018, during the FISM in Busan South Korea, if Le Club de magie de Québec, The Canadian association of magicians and the City of Québec will be chosen to organize the the FISM 2021 in Québec City. During the FISM Annual board meeting, the 100 presidents of magic societies, from all over the world, will vote to determine the next location of this prestigious magic contest. Until then, we will keep you informed about the evolution of this major project for us but also for the City of Québec. We are the first magic organisation in America to have reached the step of candidate to organize the FISM, since 1948. So if the vote was positive for us it would be the first time that the FISM would take place in America.

Do not hesitate to share the informations you will find on our website and on our Facebook page.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Very exciting! Would be amazing to have a FISM in Canada!
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Old Quebec City?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, magicfish wrote:
Old Quebec City?

Yes ! In Old Quebec whos has a great new convention center !
SKILL
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
145 Posts

Profile of SKILL
I will love to see it happen in Canada
In order to arrive at perfeccion
you must go through the failure
Japanese Thoughts
Michel Huot
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal
199 Posts

Profile of Michel Huot
DONE
YESSSSSSSS
SEE YOU IN QUEBEC 2021!
Tricks aren't important...people are!!!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Great news! Congratulations!
PaulPosition
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of PaulPosition
Wonderful news!
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Woohoo!!! Where do I register?
PaulPosition
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of PaulPosition
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2018, MikeDes wrote:
Woohoo!!! Where do I register?

While I think you may have written it only as an expression of joy, I went to the official website using the link provided above (https://www.fismquebec2021.com/home) and it only shows the pre-announcement patter and publicity.. -- Given that registration prices are much lower in advance, it'd be a shame if anyone missed out because of that.

So just remove the /home part of the address or use this one: https://www.fismquebec2021.com/

There'll be a very similar site, but with an actual menu at the top from where you can head to the "Purchase" section.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Thank you!

I just registered for FISM in Quebec in 2021!!!
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
FISM 2021 registration fee going up Aug 1 2019!

I'm trying to register for this event with the "FISM member" rate and hopefully save about $75 cad, but the site tells me I need to first apply for a FISM Intl member card (which costs 5 Euros) by going to the www.fism.org website (I'll still be ahead about $65 cad after paying the 5 Euros).

Thus I went to http://fism.org/fism-card/fism-card-request/ where I seem to be having difficulty. I recall a week ago when I completed this form and clicked submit, it strangely did not confirm that they got the request and the form itself just frozed. While filling out the form I indicated I'm a member of SAM, gave the current National President's name and email which I got from the SAM website. Also, when the form asked for whether I have a position within the (SAM) society... I just listed my SAM membership number (so they can check that I'm a current member).

The wording on the bottom of this form reads as:
Your request will be validated after verification with your Magic Society and will be sent to you as soon as possible.
It will ask for the sum of € 5 for the cost of producing and mailing if you pay it by bank transfer or 7€ if you pay by paypal: ... then it gives out the FISM President's email address.

I haven't received any word or email ever since.

Is anyone else having this problem or confused? Maybe I'm better off just paying the FISM non-member rate which is $775 cad, going up to $900 cad on August 1?
Thanks in advance.
www.facebook.com/RayWongMagic
When Magic Went WONG!
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
It's all good now. Please disregard above post Smile
When Magic Went WONG!
naturalturn
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of naturalturn
Fyi everyone,
THE FISM WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP (Quebec, Canada 2021) has now been delayed until JULY 25 to 30 2022.
When Magic Went WONG!
How
View Profile
Regular user
NJ
101 Posts

Profile of How
I am signed up and going!!!!! I hope this happens Smile
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
It would be great....but with the way restrictions are going in Quebec at the moment....I'm not too optimistic. :-(
Already some non-magic events this summer have cancelled and rescheduled in other places in the world more open. Fingers crossed, we'll see.
Quebec city is beautiful & would be a wonderful venue. Smile
scotchrocket
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
120 Posts

Profile of scotchrocket
I hope it happens, too. Would be great to attend.
All about borrowed coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Canadian Association of Magicians! » » QUEBEC CITY (CANADA) IN NOMINATION FOR FISM 2021 (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL