The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spirit hand and puppet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
I'd like to use a spirit hand with a puppet - either with a spirit cloth or using the hand on the edge of a box to give the illusion of two hands holding the box when one hand is actually working the puppet. I'm wondering if there are any resources that give advice and making a set up and using a puppet in this way?

Thank you -

Eric
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Check your inbox, I PM'd you.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
My "Clown In The Box" makes use of the Spirit Hand. It is not shown in the video Qua-Fiki and I made, but it is included with photos inside the e-Book. CLOWN01-04 For clowns who wear gloves, you can easily make your own spirit hand from a spare glove for this trick.

Click here to view attached image.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2020, funemagic wrote:
I'd like to use a spirit hand with a puppet - either with a spirit cloth or using the hand on the edge of a box to give the illusion of two hands holding the box when one hand is actually working the puppet. I'm wondering if there are any resources that give advice and making a set up and using a puppet in this way?

Thank you -

Eric

There is a routine called "The Enchanted Doll" using this gimmick and a puppet in the book "Magic and Showmanship" by Henning Nelms .

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-Showmanship......6410870/
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Axtell also makes an item called a "Puppet Tube" (as well as their "Bird Arm" and "Realistic Arm"). That might be a possible solution.

https://www.axtell.com/puppettube.html

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
For a bird puppet I have used a rope held on the end horizontally., with the bird in the middle.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2020, jimgerrish wrote:
My "Clown In The Box" makes use of the Spirit Hand. It is not shown in the video Qua-Fiki and I made, but it is included with photos inside the e-Book. CLOWN01-04 For clowns who wear gloves, you can easily make your own spirit hand from a spare glove for this trick.

Thought you announced you were quitting? You’re back to spamming your own junk again I see.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Spirit hand and puppet (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL