The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What mentalism effects do you carry in your wallet? (24 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
I don't carry effects just props. I usually carry billets, pen and deck of playing cards. Other props such as peek wallet or ESP cards might go too. The effects comes depending on situation. The rest of the props (books, blindfolds, etc) I keep in the bag.
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
Engali
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Engali
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2017, danielrmk wrote:
I carry A wallet with an internal p--k, inside I have hand writen cards for silent running, and a set up for Pablo Amira's safe bet. In my key ring I carry a little 3 dial lock, for a routine by Paul Brook. Also a pen in my pocket and some billets are handy.
My most performed impromptu effect is one by Phill Smith, a prediction writen in your hand.

Which Phil Smith effect is it?
Conner
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Conner
I can't speak for danielrmk, but a routine using Phil Smith's Quinta idea would be a great impromptu prediction in the hand.
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
I saw it in his penguin lecture, I belive the name is Equifinque and is published in his books Mitox, during the lecture though, Dan Harlan points something out that allows the presentation to be that much logical AND impossible. Sorry I cant say more here.
Engali
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Engali
Thanks for the sources Smile
joeliron
View Profile
New user
Pescara, Abruzzo, Italy
21 Posts

Profile of joeliron
Personally, I prefer prop-less mentalism, but I use SAW with some billet for The Devil Rides Out (Roger Curzon)
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I carry with me.

V
Time in mind.
Stegosaurus
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2017, bowers wrote:
I carry with me.

V
Time in mind.
Stegosaurus

I love Steg, but not sure its practical to fit in my wallet
magiccube
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of magiccube
I always have some double blank business cards with me and a sharpie, and also 5 manilla envelopes.
"Whose brilliant contributions to the field of Mental Magic will remain as an everlasting memorial to his genius - T. Annemann"

Join the "How to read minds 2 - Ellusionist" | Unofficial Facebook Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/htrm2
paul180
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of paul180
Amazing how years ago Sanctum, Lunacy, PSI card and a whole host of others were all the rage. Now I see them hardly mentioned.
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a foolish man can learn from a wise answer.

Attributing negativity to a topic or post doesn't make the topic or post negative,
it shines a light on the negativity of the person or persons, making the attributions.

BEWARE these Debbie downers and anything they say. They simply lack the self esteem or good will, to be positive or productive. Your belief in self, is more
important and is all that matters, for your success to be glorious.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
Will to Read in a Stealth Assassin
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
I think can do Name and Place Bob Cassidy with just bringing some normal blank card. And a peek wallet.
MC Mirak
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MC Mirak
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2017, paul180 wrote:
Amazing how years ago Sanctum, Lunacy, PSI card and a whole host of others were all the rage. Now I see them hardly mentioned.

I own the Sanctum card as well as Kioku and never really used them.

I have a wallet with the Strivings SUC element built in, which can do a lot but I use it more for loading than anything else so not really "mentalism" I guess.

I just realized this weekend the Jerx has a handling for Stegosaurus so I think I will maybe start using that too, it seems really strong but I've never done it.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
I just carry a deck of cards. If I have that one thing, I am carrying all I need to perform a full mentalism parlor show.
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Would like to see that setlist mick!
Nestor D
View Profile
Special user
France (Paris)
830 Posts

Profile of Nestor D
He has published various shows of that kind Smile
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
998 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2020, bevbevvybev wrote:
Would like to see that setlist mick!

Hi Bev,

Actually, there are five of them now and they can be found here: http://www.mickayreswares.com/the_act_series

Thanks for the interest,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » What mentalism effects do you carry in your wallet? (24 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL