The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk effect recommendations for beginners? (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
In addition to the resources listed above, I also like this site: https://stores.silkmagictricks.com/?gcli......QAvD_BwE
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have never seen more than one method for "finger ring thru hank" in any single book,
but once assembled for different methods in to sort of "progressively more difficult" routine for a 'teach-in' at a local magic circle.

Old times and card-mechanics were excited to learn these impromptu methods out of "beginner books."

thus, reading these books and playing with the effects can be of value for magicians of all ages and experience.

I developed a different version myself at 14 that I still use today, actually modified from a thimble move.

The ring is placed over my vertically extended left forefinger and a silk drawn over to hide. The hand is rotated to show all sides and the right hand completely empty.
My right fingers snap and the ring is instantly and visibly now on the outside of the silk, shining against the dark material for spectator to remove.

This might even be my "favorite" magic effect as it is so visible, clean and impromptu, but, I always do another "ring thru" effect first to get the audience's focused attention and expectation.

My point is that the word "beginner" is not a requirement or limitation for powerful magic.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk effect recommendations for beginners? (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL