The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Don Driver....? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Wow, wow, wow very said to learn of this news, I feel like I just crawled out from under a brick.
Don was very helpful and supportive to me.
We had quite a few chats over the years and he was a real gent.
He will be missed.
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
235 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
Don Driver was my best friend and mentor. He was the kindest person I ever known. He messaged me when I was in middle school just beginning of my teenage years. Don Driver sent me a message about a tabletop I had built for busking and the rest was a best friendship that last the course of almsot 2 decades.

I miss the late night phone calls, I miss the video chats. I miss his advice and non stop support. Every single person should try to live up to Don Driver's standard. He sent me the left side of a straitjacket for my birthday and the right side for christmas...all together in one package. It changed my life. Don Driver changed my life, who I am as a person and as a performer. He always gave me advice, always told me how proud he was of me.

I miss this man so very much. He is a legend. He is my best friend. And I miss him oh so very much. I can't put into words the countless hours we would spend talking on the phone together.

rest in peace my best friend
Been a busker since I was 14 from San Diego; Don Driver was my mentor along with many others like Jimmy Talksalot, Sleeveless (Stephen Sloan), Bob Elliott.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Don was such I nice man. As others have said he was very kinds and supportive. I bought his Sven Pitch DVD second hand and it did not have the script. I contacted him to try and buy the scripts. No such luck..... he would not take a penny off me for it - not even the postage to the UK! So very kind of him.

RIP Don.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Shame, he was a nice guy.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Don Driver....? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL