The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Best way to store.... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Hi All

Looking at putting my handcuff collection into storage for at least 6 months. I mean in our garage or loft not in a storage facility or anything.

Wanted to know how people store their collection. Given that my wife is not keen on the idea of them going on the walls or anything.... can't imagine why? Some people are so strange!

For preference, I am looking for as small a space as possible and low cost.
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of harry knight
I have my nice cuffs on covered display boards and my general cuffs/ equipment in small Ata boxes to keep the weight down.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1167 Posts

Profile of Russo
Happy Wife <> Happy Life. Merry Christ'mas to all and to all a Good Night
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
So I think it is going to be more like a year or so, not just months. I don't want them on display at this time - who knows maybe one day but for now I need to store them in a way that will protect them and keep them in good working order.

Not sure how best to do that. I could put some silica gel in with them and wrap them in newspaper. Or do I need to use cloth?
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Dave

I've used Browning Legia Gun Spray for many years. Just a light spray, then wipe. Wrap your cuffs flat in cotton cloth (an old sheet or pillow case is good).
Don't let metal touch metal. A silica gel package won't hurt, but not wrapped in the cloth with the cuffs. Use a separate piece of cloth for each pair of cuffs.
Check one bundle every month or so. Store the wrapped cuffs in an airtiight box. Food containers are good.

The spray is around £10 per can, and will last for a long time.

Riley
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Awesome thanks Riley!

David
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Also, reuse those silca gel packets that are packaged with electronics and other things. Those things help take the moisture away from the items they are packaged with.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2021, Wravyn wrote:
Also, reuse those silca gel packets that are packaged with electronics and other things. Those things help take the moisture away from the items they are packaged with.

Great thank you. I will get some of them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Best way to store.... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL