The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » What is the best free app or resource for a virtual show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

yesopunk
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of yesopunk
Hi guys, I hope you all are ok, and wishing you Merry Xmas in advance. For all of you who have performed virtually, I'm preparing my first virtual show in my country, however I want to use an app in which I can do this:

-I can use it for free for at least 1 hour and so can the audience since people don't have resources (no money yet to pay for the service)
-I can control the microphones (camera if it's possible) of the audience to avoid interruptions or background noises and activate them only when participation is necessary
-I can have 50 people up to 100

I attended to the Vanishing.Inc Justin Willman virtual show and I noticed he could control the microphones of the audience, He used zoom but I think you have to pay to get the features mentioned above, Is there any app or software I can do the same for free?. (Google meet, go to meeting, microsoft teams?

Thanks a lot for you attention, blessings
ezystreamlive
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of ezystreamlive
With regards to zoom and muting
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/article......-meeting

I believe the host (you ) can mute all

here are keyboard shortcuts
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/article......for-Zoom

In particular Alt+M: Mute/unmute audio for everyone except host

Now you have to use the keyboard for that- so either perform it with a mate doing the keyboard stuff- Or use a streamdeck that is essentially a pad that has buttons that you program keyboard shortcuts into- so you can control it without needing to find alt and M- just click a button and boom all muted except you
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Dec 15, 2020, yesopunk wrote:

-I can use it for free for at least 1 hour and so can the audience since people don't have resources (no money yet to pay for the service)

Just to clarify, because this seems to imply something different... It's not clear if you are saying that you don't have the money to pay for using Zoom, or if you are saying your audience doesn't have the money to pay for watching you perform on Zoom.

As a "participant", you don't have to pay to watch something on Zoom. If a magician or lecturer chooses to charge a fee for something they do on Zoom, that's not because of Zoom charging participants. You could host a show, and not charge people to watch it (if that's what you want to do).

As a "host", you pay to use their service (monthly or annual fee). However, they even have a free "host" level, but you are limited to a call / meeting that is a maximum of 40 minutes in length, and up to 100 participants. You get more time and more participants at paid levels.

Personally, I think it's a good idea to pay to use Zoom's service (become a "host"), if you are going to do virtual magic shows. You had the money to pay for watching a magic lecture online, or buying magic props, so I'm sure you have money to pay for being a "host".

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good info Donald. I am stuck with a live show that was postponed and now its virtual. Its like starting all over. One and done...Already been paid or I would not take it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » What is the best free app or resource for a virtual show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL