The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Sheishin no Cabinet By Viking (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
This is a most beautiful cabinet with mahogany inlays, the craftsmanship is exquisite. It is similar to the Sefalaljia Cabinet and will allow you to perform many Sefalajia effects. Plus more, everything needed is supplied along with very in depth instructions. It is like a fine piece of furniture that you would be proud to display anywhere in your home or office. They were released with very limited supply and have not been available for several years. I am lucky enough to own one of these and I refuse to use it. It is just too beautiful to chance damage or soiling. In my opinion it is one of the best effects of this type out there. It would take a lot to make me part with it.
I don't understand all I know about this
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Are you suggesting you want to sell this prop. If so, you can post your notice in the Let's Make A Deal section of the Café.

The hard part is, from what you posted, you don't even know if it works, as you admired the wood over the effect produced. Most magician's want to be able to demonstrate the effect for friends and families, even if they never take it on the road.

A picture would be nice to see what you are talking about.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Of course it works. I always check out effects I purchase. I assumed folks know what a Sefalajia Cabinet does. And no I do not want to sell it. If I was I do know where to post it for sale as I sell on this site all the time. As for photo I can post it if one wants but it takes me a while to get it on here as I have to jump
through several hoops to get it here. My main idea to post in the first place was to tell you guys how beautiful the work is so I mentioned the wood as not many builders offer work like George does. There are several craftsman out there some of them members here that do masterful work like this, and I have purchased their very special works recently for my collection. These folks are not your average builders and don't mass produce anything. Anyway thanks for your lesson on how and what to post here.
Regards Gerald
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
George Robinson began crafting his beautiful cabinets a while after Dean Dill had been selling his. George's sold for a bit more money than Deans.

I remember John Mendoza reviewing the two: his opinion was that if you wanted a beautiful piece to display, buy George's. If you wanted something to actually perform, buy Dean's.

Julie
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

HI Julie hope you and family are well. I agree yes George's cabinets are more works of art but some folk's have performed with them. The reason I don't use the one I have is the fact that they are no longer made and very hard to find. It will be for my estate when I walk on, I am 84 years old don't perform anymore so no problem keeping it pristine for my wife because someday she will need to liquidate my collection. As For Dean Dill, he was and is one of my favorite performers we lost a great performer and a very good man when he passed. That time comes for all of us, so make the best of life and enjoy what we have left nothing is promised.
Thank you and best wishes
Regards Gerald
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Gerald, is this the cabinet you are referring to? https://www.martinsmagic.com/allmagic/cl......workshop

It is a stunner. I remember seeing one at the Columbus Magifest being sold by Stevens, and I paced the dealer room floor for what seemed like hours before I gave myself permission to walk over and make the rather sizeable investment. By then it was already gone.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

Hey Wizard good to see you.

Yes that is it, the photos really don't do it justice. This thing is a killer, I am honored really to have one. It is items like this that need to preserved.
Regards Gerald
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hi Gerald,
I THINK Viking/CW only made 2 runs of these. I do not know how many were in each run. I want to say 12 in the initial offering, but I'm not sure. I DO remember talking with John and we both ordered about the same time. We were debating who would receive the last one from the 1st run and who would receive the 1st from the 2nd run. 'Don't believed this was ever reconciled...

Julie
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Loyal user
Lake O The Pines Texas
206 Posts

I spoke with George about doing a new run of these, he said probably not. I think he has had a lot of request for this, but he says they are very time consuming to build and he just does not have the time needed to build them. I think the first run was 12 but I may be wrong.
Gerald
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Sheishin no Cabinet By Viking (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL