The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Drop one coin at a time (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I have a coin ladder and trying to make a norm nelson coin fall into ladder about 10 feet away. No thread Thank you.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am sure Norm's coin effect was an electronic device. A lot more complicated then you think. So for 10 feet you would have to add a remote. To bad, Owen's Magic is out of business, they would have been the people to help you.

I heard, His wife sold all his props, I did not hear who the collector may have acquired his stage act props.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thank you.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Norm's was not electronic.

Michael, I will try to get in touch with you for the solution.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thank you Hugh.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Richard Hughes, I don't believe you are thinking of what Bairefoot is referring to. During Norms act, you see a coin very slowly moving out midway out from the ladder. Then drops as Norm throws a coin into the air toward the ladder. The coin cascades down the the rungs.

I believe that could only be accomplished by remote. If I am wrong, then it was time set, and that meant that Norm perfectly timed his act, to coincide with his throwing of the coin. I believe it was electronics because he did use electronics with his finale violin coming out and bowing at the end.

Norm was a perfectionist, and this could have been him perfectly timing the actions.

I think that there was two instances a coin fell down the ladder, one was when Norm threw a coin, and again when a coin fell midway from the rungs. That one was used for misdirect at that point in the act. His act was perfection.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I made a solution where I got a Jewelry box motor and put a string on the motor and this pulls the string which is attached to card. It pulls the card and the coin falls.
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Probably the easiest and most reliable way to do this is attach the shaft of a low rpm gear motor to the dead center of a flat round disc about five inches in diameter. The disc has several holes or circles cut into it slightly larger than a half dollar. The motor can be attached to a delay or receiver with a momentary remote. When you push the button on remote it slowly rotates the disc which will drop one coin at a time down the ladder. Attached is a brief video of a table top ladder I built with this mechanism that utilizes jus this arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-o7szP8gs

Chuck
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks everyone.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I purchased a coin ladder from Tannen's years ago. It had a spring mechanism, you hit a wire, and it ejects one coin to fall down the rungs.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Drop one coin at a time (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL