The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Advice if it is politicaly incorrect (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
2 questions
1. Is it unwise to do a " murder mystery (even a funny one)" for kids since you are referring to death? Should I say instead, "A crime has been committed and we are going to find out who did it"?
2.I have a miniature gun that may be the weapon the bad guy used. Or leave the gun out entirely? Maybe, "the cause of the accident( I didn't say death) was slipping on this banana peel". And have other ridiculous causes. I want it funny. I have different forces to pick the culprit, the room , the time and the"weapon " or cause. Then reveal a prediction that I already solved the crime. Please advise me your opinion. Thank you.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Many years ago I performed a comedy murder mystery for children, with my 9 year old daughter playing the detective. It went down very well. It's called "Murder by Fruit", and you can find it in The Linking Ring (Jan 1999), The Sherlock Holmes Book of Magic and at my blog https://wordpress.com/view/barrydcooper.wordpress.com
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
The game 'Clue' is for ages 8 and up. It's how you present it is the key.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Gee Bill, I imagen your thrilled they're finally getting rid of Dr. Seuss and that awful Potato person.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, ringmaster wrote:
Gee Bill, I imagen your thrilled they're finally getting rid of Dr. Seuss and that awful Potato person.

I imagine you’re a big a fan Seuss’s early work too.
https://www.nj.com/opinion/2017/03/dr_su......ica.html
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, Mac_Stone wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2021, ringmaster wrote:

I imagine you’re a big a fan Seuss’s early work too.
https://www.nj.com/opinion/2017/03/dr_su......ica.html

I'm not a big fan of banning books either.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
No one is "getting rid" of Doctor Seuss.
Lose the hyperbole, mate, it's getting in the way of your point.

Also, no one is "banning" Doctor Seuss -the RIGHTS HOLDERS (you like capitalism, don't you?) have chosen to take his more explicitly racist material out of print.
Their Intellectual Property, their rules -just like God and Walt Disney wanted, right?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Not getting rid of him, just his books.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Those 6 of his lesser known titles with the racism, you mean? Yeah, let's not make any more of those. There are plenty of other books by Seuss without garbage depictions of black people who look like minstrel show characters and Asians with woks on their heads...

The publishers and copyright holders (you know, the ones who ACTUALLY have some skin in the game, and stand to lose money on this) are the ones who have made this decision. Exactly how/why is this a bad thing?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
785 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Way off my Topic,
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Very true. My apologies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Advice if it is politicaly incorrect (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL