The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Custom Gaffs (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Hi all,

I'm looking to have some custom gaffs made (namely, B'wave double enders with odd backs).

Does anyone have a referal for a custom gaffer?

I used to use Mimises, but saadly that site is down.

Thanks,
Jorey
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Marty Grams (Martini, here at the Café) I believe does custom work. I think Card-Shark does, too. Might give them a try.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks, Chessman.
Both of those ideas do not provide the service I need.

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
A couple of Café members have helped me with gaff work in the past. Poof-Daddy and Kevin Reylek (Mercury52). I think Kevin is at cardgaffs.com Perhaps the Hanrahan Gaff Co might also do that kind of work
Here is a thread on the topic of finding someone with card gaffing skills
https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=203
Good luck!
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Don't forget to check out the Slim Card Company as well:
https://www.slimcardco.com
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
No go for B'wave gaffs at Slim card Co.

CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
You could contact Yann Hardy

https://www.yannhardy.com/
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Your profile does not say where you live! USA? This would be helpful to know because of the cost of postage.

Here in the UK, I have found these guys (but never actually used them) -
https://printbymagic.com/custom-printed-......-design/

They print onto Bicycle stock. It looks like you can specify face design or back design or both. It looks like they would do the artwork for you for a small extra fee.
There must be similar in other countries.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
If you're referring to me, I live in California.
I'm just looking for someone in the states who can split cards and make me a B'wave card with a different back then what's on it now. I'll supply both cards.

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Unfortunately I cannot help you Jorey, but wanted to add that Shawn at Mimesis was my go to as well. But he suddenly disappeared. Sorry to see him go.

He made fantastic custom df's and db's. Also oddball things like putting bike jokers on Phoenix backs (hate Phoenix jokers with a passion.)

He made me a ton of odd backed cards for various packet tricks and his fluid gaffed decks were the absolute best I’ve ever handled.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2021, videoman wrote:
Unfortunately I cannot help you Jorey, but wanted to add that Shawn at Mimesis was my go to as well. But he suddenly disappeared. Sorry to see him go.

He made fantastic custom df's and db's. Also oddball things like putting bike jokers on Phoenix backs (hate Phoenix jokers with a passion.)

He made me a ton of odd backed cards for various packet tricks and his fluid gaffed decks were the absolute best I’ve ever handled.

100%

Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I can't remember his name correctly on here but KevinReylek makes gaffs.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Thanks, but I don't know that member.

KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
I am here to praise Martini Magic and his work. I just yesterday picked up 4 that I asked him to make. His craftsmanship is pretty darned impressive. Unless someone is burning that card by itself (or I flash), they'll NEVER see the telltale signs. The MOST AMAZING part was that the absolutely armoured the package for shipping. IT would have to go through a shredder to take on any damage. That sort of attention to protecting the purchase ... along with the truly remarkable workmanship ... means I will keep him top of my list for future needs.
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On May 5, 2021, KungFuMagic wrote:
I am here to praise Martini Magic and his work. I just yesterday picked up 4 that I asked him to make. His craftsmanship is pretty darned impressive. Unless someone is burning that card by itself (or I flash), they'll NEVER see the telltale signs. The MOST AMAZING part was that the absolutely armoured the package for shipping. IT would have to go through a shredder to take on any damage. That sort of attention to protecting the purchase ... along with the truly remarkable workmanship ... means I will keep him top of my list for future needs.

Are we talkin a B'wave card here?
If so, did you have to supply the cards? If not, were you able to choose a back design? I didn't see that option on his site.

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
I am here to praise Martini Magic and his work. I just yesterday picked up 4 that I asked him to make...

I sent him an email a few weeks ago and never heard back. Maybe I should have used the contact form on his website - I'll try that. Glad to know he is still working.

EDIT: I attempted to use the contact form on Marty's website, but got an "Invalid Form Code". Tried both Firefox and Edge. Sent another email. Hope to hear back, as he's done work for me in the past and it was sterling. Nice man, as well.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2021, afinemesh wrote:
If you're referring to me, I live in California.
I'm just looking for someone in the states who can split cards and make me a B'wave card with a different back then what's on it now. I'll supply both cards.

Hi Afinemesh,
Not sure why you only want to get the card made by splitting? If you can't find someone to do that, maybe you can find somewhere to get it printed instead.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Hi Afinemesh,
Not sure why you only want to get the card made by splitting? If you can't find someone to do that, maybe you can find somewhere to get it printed instead. [/quote]

I eagerly await your recommendations. . .

KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
Quote:
On May 5, 2021, afinemesh wrote:
Quote:
.... That sort of attention to protecting the purchase ... along with the truly remarkable workmanship ... means I will keep him top of my list for future needs.

Are we talkin a B'wave card here?
If so, did you have to supply the cards? If not, were you able to choose a back design? I didn't see that option on his site.

I wanted red and blue Bicycles, so no need to supply cards. I cannot imagine it would be difficult to arrange for alternate cards to gimmick. I forgot to send a details message through paypal when checked out, so I left a voicemail and also an email (sent it like 3am on a Sunday) and got quick reply next day from "Bridget" (his daughter). martinismagic@hotmail.com Cannot speak to recent less responsiveness.

I might actually approach him for a couple Jumbo size card gaffs later this summer. See if he has stretched that talent big before. LOL
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Ok, so I worked out a deal with Drylid. That's his username here.

I sent him a double ender and another card that had the back design I wanted.

Drylid made a very nice B'wave gaff for me. Totally happy with his work.
Price was right as well.

It's not my place to say whether he's open for business or not, but PM him and see what happens.

Recommended!!

Jorey

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Custom Gaffs (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL