The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did Todd Lassen Pass? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Rumor is in Facebook that Lassen might have passed...can anyone confirm or dispel this rumor?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
It appears so, but this link with little info is the only independent information I've seen.

https://www.abplace-funeral-cremation.co......Memories
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Someone on the Genii forum said that Todd suffered a massive heart attack on Saturday, died on Sunday. But again, no independent confirmation.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Wow 🙏
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
So sad news
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
Just seen on FB that the news was confirmed by Craig Ousterling who has spoken with Todd's daughter
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Yes he is dead. He is survived by his daughter lilly.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
RIP 😔
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Unbelievable, a loss that can’t be measured😌

NM
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Curtis Kam shared the news on his Facebook page and included the notification from Todd Lassen's daughters:

https://www.facebook.com/Curtis.M.Kam/po......91011937

For those without Facebook, I quote Curtis's message in its entirety:

Quote:
Yesterday started with crazy rumors that a friend had passed, and ended with the realization that the rumors were true. Todd Lassen made things that made us look magical, and his work set a standard that cannot be surpassed. Outside of the shop, Todd lived life out loud, did things his own way, and made no apologies. He was a generous, devious, meticulous madman, and I only knew him a little. Here’s the official word from his daughters:

Hi everyone,

It is with great sorrow to inform you guys with the following message.

On April 18th, Todd passed away at around 5:30 pm mountain eastern time. He suffered from a massive heart attack and the doctors tried putting some stents in, but one of his arteries was completely blocked. He was sent to a bigger hospital with plans to undergo open-heart surgery. But they found that his livers and kidneys were failing so they had to instead put him on dialysis. After that, the doctors informed us there was very limited options to treat Todd's condition and that one of the remaining options was if he got a heart transplant. However, the doctors stated that there were low chances of survival with this procedure as well. At this point, we were not ready to let go of Todd's life, but we knew that he wouldn't have wanted to go through with any type of procedure. In the end, he was comfortable and was able to leave the world peacefully and painlessly. We are not ready to let go of his existence from our lives and are truly heartbroken from this loss. We hope that his influence and impact within the magic community carries on as one of the greatest coin gaff makers of all time.

Sincerely his daughters,

Lily and Qing Qing

Rest in Peace, Todd.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Yes, Todd has passed. I talked to one of his daughters Qing Qing (pronounced Ching,Ching). see post above.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
RIP Todd.
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
My deepest sadness at the passing of my friend Todd Lassen. For years he helped get me the gaffs I craved and we fought many battles together. This was unexpected and the craft has lost, IMHO, the single best coin gaff manufacturer ever. RIP my friend and know that we will miss you and value your contribution for generations to come!

Jonathan Todd
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
In TRUE Todd FASHION, he absolutely refused to put on a mask for anybody. hahaa! #TRUTH! Ima' give him credit for the unmasking that is happening right now in CO. That guy wouldn't bend for anybody! #TRUTHAGAIN! #DONTBEND #Missed.... Awesomeness Smile <twothumbsup> Jus' sayin'. Rest in peace "Mister".
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Quote:
On May 19, 2021, Dollarbill wrote:
In TRUE Todd FASHION, he absolutely refused to put on a mask for anybody. hahaa! #TRUTH! Ima' give him credit for the unmasking that is happening right now in CO. That guy wouldn't bend for anybody! #TRUTHAGAIN! #DONTBEND #Missed.... Awesomeness Smile <twothumbsup> Jus' sayin'. Rest in peace "Mister".

you are so right on, I will truly miss his patriotic posts!

nm
johnmagic
View Profile
Regular user
13419 fitzhugh road austin tx 78736
109 Posts

Profile of johnmagic
He was a dear friend who we spent hours in conversation and he built me beautiful props for my Magic that I will always cherish
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
He was a cool guy whom I known for around 20 years. Over those years, I hoarded on his gaffs, now all treasured in my current collection.
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2021, GeorgeG wrote: Over those years, I hoarded on his gaffs, now all treasured in my current collection.

That is correct, purchasing anything Todd sold off his Otis website was an impossibility. The hoarders were already in line for days to snatch up his gaffs. Now they're SOL.
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
924 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
I was planning to send Todd a flipper for repair. He had one of my coins from my Morgan shell set that I had sent a couple of years ago to have some stuff made to match it.

I am so sad that Todd is gone. The world of magic lost a LEGEND!

I never met him personally but had several conversations on the phone with him about magic, gaffs, and apparatus. He was awesome!
Harle
View Profile
New user
Longmont, CO
10 Posts

Profile of Harle
I only had a few interactions with Todd in the few months before he passed, and sadly none of them were magic related. That said, he was always kind and strong willed every time we spoke, and his work for the magic community was quite literally life changing for me. He'll be missed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did Todd Lassen Pass? (6 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL