The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Quality (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nicetodd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of nicetodd
Hi -

I have some standard Magic by Gosh sponge balls (which can be bought in bulk) and some others that came with a TCC set (Unique). The TCC balls are quite a bit more dense and feel like they hold shape better. Any help on finding out how to buy these more dense versions in bulk? Its hard to tell when shopping online. I notice you can buy the TCC ones from the TCC site as part of some sort of anniversary promotion, but seems like a temporary solution and curious if anyone has other sources where these denser style balls could be bought in bigger batches.

TIA
Mr Uku
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Mr Uku
Hiya.
The balls in the TCC Unique Sponges are an odd size and quite small at 1.25 inches which might be why they feel firmer. It might be worth trying the Goshman 1.5 inch HD ultra Soft. I found the high density foam (HD) gives them a firmer feel but I'm not sure how much is just my imagination. The fact that they're Ultra Soft means they squash down more than the standard or Super Soft but the HD foam means they spring open faster than the Super Soft.
On the downside, the Ultra Soft HD are also a fair bit more expensive and your mileage may vary. Might be worth trying though.
I notice TCC have changed to Goshman sponges for their latest sponge products.

Hope that helps.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of David French
You could try the Goshman REGULAR balls. They are the original, long before supersoft or Ultra soft. The will be much more firm but do break in nicely
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Why not try emailing or FB messaging TCC to enquire about a bulk purchase?

Re the size, on the TCC website, they come in 2 sizes. M & L.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I have been using the Goshman Super Soft 1 1/2 inch Sponge Balls for many years and find them to be perfect.

I now own the medium size TCC Sponge Balls and I like those as well. They are also approximately 1 1/2 inches.

Never had to break in either set and they open just fine.

Please keep in mind that your hand can hold more soft product than standard and they are easier to place in your spectators hand because they are soft and easy to compress.

A sponge ball routine is possibly the very best magic you can perform with the use of a spectator!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I’m looking for the bright Red super soft 2” sponge balls, not the china ones which a nice and bright red, but not super soft, magicwalsh@gmail.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
The "new" TCC spongeballs are between the regular Gosh and Supersoft Gosh
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sponge Ball Quality (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL