The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek’s Mind Games Strat Hotel Las Vegas (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
dismany
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of dismany
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2021, Mindpro wrote:
Yes, Banachek has been working for a long time to get this Las Vegas show. Right before the pandemic his prospective deal with another major strip property fell through, which was so disappointing so this is exciting news.

It's the only reason I'd be going there... That and the Mac King again... I'm sure Banachek's show is incredible and fun. Trying to find the time off time...
StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
Russian roulette with knives! Very cool!
Mark Timon
View Profile
Special user
596 Posts

Profile of Mark Timon
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2023, StephenRoy wrote:

Making believe two persons that they might stab you to death for entertainment purposes is not cool. It shows a lack of empathy towards the participants.

Regards
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
Shawshank!
StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2023, Mark Timon wrote:
Quote:

Making believe two persons that they might stab you to death for entertainment purposes is not cool. It shows a lack of empathy towards the participants.

Regards

Well, ok. I see the point you are trying to make, but I thought it was indeed cool. I found it to be the most engaging part of the show. I didn’t see any of the volunteers opt out of participating or getting squeamish. Seems as if they were confident that Banachek wouldn’t make a bloody mess of it.
JVal
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of JVal
Yes, and it's a very topical routine, considering those college kids were stabbed to death in Idaho and the story is dominating the media. smh. Sick.
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2023, StephenRoy wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 8, 2023, Mark Timon wrote:
Quote:

Regards

Well, ok. I see the point you are trying to make, but I thought it was indeed cool. I found it to be the most engaging part of the show. I didn’t see any of the volunteers opt out of participating or getting squeamish. Seems as if they were confident that Banachek wouldn’t make a bloody mess of it.

Agreed. When I went the audience didn’t have an overwhelming sense of dread or terror. In fact they were quite entertained. I surveyed my laymen coworkers after, and most said that was their favorite part. I would hardly accuse Banachek of a lack of empathy when absolutely none of the participants were distressed.

By the point in the show he does this routine, Banachek has proven himself over and over. No one doubted his safety. I would liken it to watching jugglers with swords they’ve proven sharp or flaming pins. You know there is an element of danger, but also that the performer is skilled enough to overcome it.

Having said that, I would hate watching a less skilled performer try it.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Heading to this show in March. I can't wait!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Banachek’s Mind Games Strat Hotel Las Vegas (45 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL