The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What's a trick that you keep in your back pocket everywhere you go? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

webstertoh
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of webstertoh
Trying to find out what are some of the best workers that you will keep with you at all times that can get good reactions, easy to carry around, easy to reset.

Preferably not card tricks for people who find it weird to have a deck of cards around.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
"Bottled" is a great trick. Uses just a quarter & a penny, PLUS you can leave a surprise souvenir with your spectator. Check the Sam Schwartz book (SAM'S by Magico) or maybe a used list on occasion.

(I THINK Tannen's or Hank Lee sold it as a separate item with props. Hank definitely sold a hybrid version in later years.)

Julie
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Anti-G by Cesaral Alonso
Just need a bottle of water.
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
I love Kioku by Gemini Artifacts. I've changed some of the memories to better suit my presentation, but it's an awesome trick.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
If I can borrow a coin I can perform some magic so I don't really need anything.
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
I like having the coin bend I released on me most of the time. It takes up barely any space and it's an instant reset. Of course I'm partial because it's mine, lol.

In a less self serving answer I'd say that twister flavor is a great ice breaker. Maybe a bit fragile to have in your pocket all day but it's super visual.

The last month I've been using this thing as my super quick visual ice breaker. I'm having a ton of fun with it. https://youtu.be/MDg8nUJFoIs
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
750 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2021, MattyMediocrity wrote:

The last month I've been using this thing as my super quick visual ice breaker. I'm having a ton of fun with it. https://youtu.be/MDg8nUJFoIs

Neat cigarette box to card case, on a side note that card color change on
your channel is probably the best color change I've seen.
MattyMediocrity
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MattyMediocrity
Thanks, man!

What a flipping awesome compliment!

Sincerely, thank you!

Edit: and I love that change to the deck of cards because it can be just a quick "hey, check this out", or if they seem really receptive, I've now got a deck in my hand ready to go.
Creator of Molly Mayhem's 25 Cent Tacos <ultra visual coin bend> Smile

I try to treat others as if this were a small community where we're likely to be face to face one day Smile
Alexander2701
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Alexander2701
My favorite is kioku
darrylrose
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
A thumbtip for a note change!
Halmac
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama USA
169 Posts

Profile of Halmac
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2022, darrylrose wrote:
A thumbtip for a note change!

Perfect Darryl. I carry three tips, a few bills, silks, bent pennies, etc. A perfect impromptu magic show. Give me a restaurant table and I will add a few more effects lol.
Hal,
Close Up Awesome-ness
HalSaxonMagic.com
Halmac
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama USA
169 Posts

Profile of Halmac
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2021, MattyMediocrity wrote:
I like having the coin bend I released on me most of the time. It takes up barely any space and it's an instant reset. Of course I'm partial because it's mine, lol.

In a less self serving answer I'd say that twister flavor is a great ice breaker. Maybe a bit fragile to have in your pocket all day but it's super visual.

Very nice Matty!
Hal,
Close Up Awesome-ness
HalSaxonMagic.com
Forza Azzurri
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Forza Azzurri
Jay Noblezada's "Two Dollar Window" is my long time carry around and go to. With the gimmick pre-prepared it permanently sits in my wallet with all of my other ungimmicked bills always on me and ready to go. Unlike Jay's presentation, I start with a two dollar bill and talk about how sometimes some clerk (usually a young kid) says, "Hey, there's no such thing as a $2 bill!" and refuses to take my money. I then immediately proceed to split it into two ones and stop there. Very quick, to (two?) the point, and resets in seconds.

Jay's original presentation is to borrow a one, put it with your gimmicked one and then turn them into a $2, followed by splitting the $2 back into two ones and handing the borrowed one back. I like the quickness and immediacy of my version with just the single change and not having to worry about the awkwardness of borrowing a bill.

I also carry some pre-Euro Italian Lire prepared and gimmicked in the same manner and sometimes follow up the $2 Window with my "5000 Lire Window" routine. That one consists of just the reverse action turning 2 x L5000 notes into a single L10,000 note. Also quick and to the point. That, and I get to swear in Italian and say "mannaggia marrone in English means, 'I am sorry, that is most unfortunate.'"

By the nature of the gimmick I'd have to be pretty drunk to pull the $2 out and accidentally spend it. Not that I'm saying that can't happen!
Mind Circus
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
127 Posts

Profile of Mind Circus
I always have on me a small space pen, my wallet, and my phone.
I'm always ready to perform a few things with business cards such as Counterfeit by Wayne Houchin (with a business card), Stegosaurus by Phill Smith, Volition by Joel Dickinson.
There is also a folded dollar bill for a serial number divination (possibly using TOXIC).
Wikitest is ready on my phone.
If I'm somewhere with books, I like to do a book test with borrowed books as well.

All of this lives in my wallet without extra bulk.

If I know I'm performing somewhere, I have a metal cigarette case loaded with gaff cards and envelopes for magic and mentalism routines. Throw that in my pocket with a deck of cards and I have more than enough material for an evening.
KarpeNoktem
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of KarpeNoktem
Which Hand - gamified, gimmickless or with gimmicks

Loops

A pen

Deck of Cards

iPhone for various apps

Business Card stack

Bandana doubles as a blindfold
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
When I last answered, There was one thing I did not mention because it was not available at the time. It is now available and it is Prodigy Peek by Fränz. If you like mentalisim, don't want to do a center tear or have a special wallet, I highly recommend getting the book.
kevin_74
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of kevin_74
I'm a card guy, so I usually carry cards with me. My go-to is a card to pocket I've seen michael vincent perform in a youtube video where he's performing for a college I believe. It's really deceptive and for sure one of the strongest tricks I perform!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » What's a trick that you keep in your back pocket everywhere you go? (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL