The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool Magic Convention 2022 (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
No masks or passports now, looks like we’ll be able to enjoy the “traditional “ convention experience..
Doric
View Profile
Special user
791 Posts

Profile of Doric
Masks are still advised. Only the selfish will refuse.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
With those kind of extreme attitudes, I predict a few “interactions”. I expect most will wear a mask some of the time, and not others. Not sure that makes them selfish though.

In any event , it will be interesting how it goes this year - still expect it to be more low key and quieter.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Guys! It’s great that is happening!

I really missed the Blackpool experience
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
The unselfish will generously share the germs that have collected in their mask during the day, week, or month on every door handle and elevator button they touch.

I will go maskless and I'm selfishly keeping my germs to myself.
darrylrose
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of darrylrose
Each to their own...
Hutch
View Profile
New user
England
15 Posts

Profile of Hutch
Really enjoyed the Friday. Hansford's card magic is a joy to behold. Calabrese entertained in the lecture. Murray demonstrating his impressive Oreality think-of-a-card routine. Frost's new book with a forward by Derren. Grace showing all his new releases. Great atmosphere.
Hutch
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2022, mndude wrote:
The unselfish will generously share the germs that have collected in their mask during the day, week, or month on every door handle and elevator button they touch.

I will go maskless and I'm selfishly keeping my germs to myself.

I'm confused by your comment. Not wearing a mask will result in you not spreading any bacteria or viruses (if you have any) through touch? and if someone does wear a mask they will spread bacteria and viruses (if they have them)?

Looking at the video clips and photos I saw most were not wearing them - they were not mandatory as the rules changed. I know that some of my magic club tested positive after Blackpool 2022. I'm not surprised.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Their reply will probably be a lot different than what actually happens.
If you are worried don't bother going, I am thinking of missing my first one in 25 plus consecutive years just because of people who share your views if I'm honest.
I will never ever be dictated to by anyone especially the minority, unfortunately the media pandas for them.

Hi Gaz
I made the decision to not go becasue of the risk of Covid. I weighted the risk and decided to not go.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Blackpool Magic Convention 2022 (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL