The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Russian Roulette Routines for kids (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
chiassai
View Profile
New user
Italy
54 Posts

Profile of chiassai
Thank you very much, you will be fundamental for the decision of my purchase Smile
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
I think there are nice ideas here. I also thought about doing the routine with sweets.

Example one:
Have an easy to smash sweet as a nail replacement (choclate kiss/kinder surprise egg/Cupcake/anything cream filled). Goal is not to smash the sweet. If you have a child participator they can have the sweet at the end.

Example two:
Have 4 amazing sweets and one horrible like 4 tasting like choclate one tasting like pepper.

Example three:
A routine with guns.....

Water guns of course. either 3 loaded one empty-- goal to find the empty one that one child will fire at you... OR just one full one that needs to be avoided. Could be fun as an ending effect of a sumemr party and after the effect you give out the guns to the children, grab your paycheck and leave as quickly as possible while waterchaos ensues ;-)
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
With the sweets, how do you get the child to pick the right bags?

Water guns could be a problem since many people view them poorly. They aren't even allowed in most schools in the US.
chiassai
View Profile
New user
Italy
54 Posts

Profile of chiassai
Quote:
On May 10, 2022, Fromentum wrote:
I think there are nice ideas here. I also thought about doing the routine with sweets.

Example one:
Have an easy to smash sweet as a nail replacement (choclate kiss/kinder surprise egg/Cupcake/anything cream filled). Goal is not to smash the sweet. If you have a child participator they can have the sweet at the end.

Example two:
Have 4 amazing sweets and one horrible like 4 tasting like choclate one tasting like pepper.

Example three:
A routine with guns.....ll one that needs to be avoided. Could be fun as an ending effect of a sumemr party and after the effect you give out the guns to the children, grab your paycheck and leave as quickly as possible while waterchaos ensues ;-)

The ideas provided are very nice, especially the one with sweets. I still have not compromised the effect because it all depends on the device that is provided to make the exchange. If it's complicated I require a weird maneuver, I don't think I'll buy it. can anyone help me decide? I'm also waiting for the Cameron review as soon as it arrives Smile
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Quote:
On May 10, 2022, KC Cameron wrote:
With the sweets, how do you get the child to pick the right bags?

Water guns could be a problem since many people view them poorly. They aren't even allowed in most schools in the US.

I think you could achieve that through a couple of different options:

Either equivoqe: The child selects one bag for himself, the magician smashes all the other ... child can keep the sweet

Child as the mind reader: The child mixes the bags and places the sweet bag at a specific number. (then the child tries to send this number to the magician/Or the magician reads the mind of the child/or the magician decided beforehand on a number which he send to the kid - then the kid mixes the bags and places the sweet bag at the number he belives the magicinas thinks of - )
Methodwise you need to identify the bag ;-) And the method stays the same while through presentation the story and the focus changes substantially.

If you reduce that to just 2 bags there are a couple of methods how to force the desired outcome. I would go for a controlled coin toss (see Unveil by Manos)

Regarding the guns:
Absolutely. This presentation can fire backwards (pun intended). So it really depens on the situation the group and the country. I would go for that probably only if the party is already water related (pool summer party). But I think if the setting fits it can be fun....
chiassai
View Profile
New user
Italy
54 Posts

Profile of chiassai
Thanks Fromentum for the ideas! With the equivocal method there are no exchange problems.
But if I wanted to use the eggs as proposed in the video, to be able to perform the final change with a real egg, is there a dedicated device? I like the final idea of breaking the egg in front of everyone, but I wouldn't want to do weird trading maneuvers
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Quote:
On May 11, 2022, chiassai wrote:
Thanks Fromentum for the ideas! With the equivocal method there are no exchange problems.
But if I wanted to use the eggs as proposed in the video, to be able to perform the final change with a real egg, is there a dedicated device? I like the final idea of breaking the egg in front of everyone, but I wouldn't want to do weird trading maneuvers

Could you post a link to the video?

I don't really know any device especially for an egg exchange... but maybe a topit could work.

But honestly I would not want to change the item at the end. I think that a method where you hide a real egg under 1 cup or in one bag and secretly find out the location of the used item would work better...
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I just received Russian Roulegg from Penguin. You receive 4 heavier duty squishable fake white eggs. The real egg is loaded behind the last fake egg. Pm me for more details.

You don"t have to use a real egg for this routine to work.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On May 13, 2022, KC Cameron wrote:
I just received Russian Roulegg from Penguin. You receive 4 heavier duty squishable fake white eggs. The real egg is loaded behind the last fake egg. Pm me for more details.

You don"t have to use a real egg for this routine to work.

A fantastic routine! Love this!!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I have done this routine for 5 Birthday parties now and have a problem. It builds up suspense, gets the kids screaming, but in the end when I break the egg the glass, what do I do???

I have the birthday child smash the bags on their dad's head, but what do I do with the broken egg in the glass at the end?

I currently let the child pour it on their dad's head, then pull it back in the last minute. I really need a good ending. Does anyone have any ideas?
mrCraig
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mrCraig
Is there a line you could use here like " no one likes being left with egg on their face "

I know it doesn't provide a definite ending but its a way of acknowledging the egg before getting rid of it?

Just a thought .. hope it inspires something!
jamesmwood
View Profile
Regular user
Buda, Texas (near Austin)
113 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
Here's a gag that Jeff Helding used to conclude his Sucker Egg routine for kids:

He broke an egg into a big glass goblet, then swirled the egg around around while eying it intently. He then upended the glass and pretended to suck the egg into his mouth, distending his cheeks a bit and widening his eyes like he had a mouthful of raw egg. He then turned, fixed his gaze on a child in the front row of the audience, and took two steps toward the child, as if intending to spit out the egg. The kids shrieked at this point -- and Jeff then dramatically pretended to swallow the egg, continuing afterward to his next trick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_5_YNLKIq4&t=1130s
The routine is 02:52 - 08:48. The gag with the egg is 08:27-08:48

Jim
Jim Wood
Buda, Texas (near Austin)
jawood@utep.edu
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Yes it was funny. Sorry, I haven't been on the Cafe for a while.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
There are other things to do a roulette routine with - spring snake cans, whoopee cushions, squeaky rubber ducks, etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Russian Roulette Routines for kids (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL