The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Wallet with easy to change Flint (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
This is the best fire wallet I have found. It is a real wallet and can be shown inside and out. It has a very large wick contained in a metal fire box. I can fuel it in the morning and it will still light in the evening.

It has one drawback. I have found that after a while any fire wallet will stop lighting every time. It will take several flicks of the flint wheel to light. I finally figured out that this is easily solved by changing the flint.

I went through several fire wallets before I realized this because the wallet would still give a spark but not ignite the wick so I thought it was something else.

Any way, the flaw with this wallet is that the flint is hard to change because it is welded to the metal box and at an awkward angle.

Does any one know of a wallet like this one but with an easy to change flint?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
You might consider a plasma ignition fire wallet instead. So much better than flint to smoothly ignite. I picked up one from Harry Allen at the IBM convention. It is 100% reliable. Now I and others in our Ring have been retrofitting our other flint based devices (fire books, boxes, etc) to plasma using the kits which are available.
RobertApodaca
View Profile
Regular user
Henderson, NV
150 Posts

Profile of RobertApodaca
Can I buy it to make my wallet plasma
FunMagic!
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of FunMagic!
I just replaced my fire wallet but the new one it is very large and bulky and way too much flame area for me.

Does anyone know of a small, thin fire wallet with smaller pads.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
There are now also wallets that, rather than just setting ablaze, allow us to take out a business card and hand it out while the business card is ablaze.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
My fire wallets only last a few years and then are very temperamental.

Is that the same for everyone?
Sel
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Sel
Not years, a few gig uses only :-(
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Fire Wallet with easy to change Flint (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL