The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic - Nice personal touch! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mrjinglesusa
View Profile
New user
Fairfax
57 Posts

Profile of mrjinglesusa
I've placed numerous orders with Penguin Magic since I got back into magic and just placed another order today for some Tango Magic products I wanted that just come back in stock.

I got my shipping confirmation and a couple minutes later I got another email with a link "Watch your magic order being packed!" I thought it would be a generic video/advertisement but no, it was actually a video of MY products being packed in a USPS box with MY name and address by a white gloved person!

I thought that was so cool and a nice personal touch - I've never seen that from another company in all my years of ordering products online.

Kudos Penguin Magic - that was really neat.
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
I do like that touch. In 2016 my sister ordered me a magic book from them, and on the day we got together to exchange gifts she was bubbling about how they sent her the video of them actually packing it. She loved it.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
True story, 2 months ago, I placed an order at Penguin. The same day my order was shipped and they send me the video of the order packaging. I hadn't the time to see it so didn't care.

2 weeks after still nothing in the mailbox. I had the idea to check the video and I saw they had made an error with the label on the package...it was someone else name and address on the packaging and my name and address on the invoice (the one they put inside the package).

The same day I contacted them, they send me a replacement order. The penguin video rocks!
ActionJack
View Profile
Regular user
Pacific NW
120 Posts

Profile of ActionJack
I just made my first order with Penguin Magic ordering the hardback edition of Bobo’s Modern Coin Magic. I was totally impressed that they filmed the packaging. Being able to confirm the address was a nice touch.
Wednesday
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Wednesday
In 2011 when I ordered from penguin magic, they included a pack of M&Ms with my order. And most recently also drew my request of a tiger riding a unicorn. Gotta give credit on that service.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I'll chime in to this topic to say that I've always had great customer service from Penguin Magic. I think the video of the order being packed and the shipping label attached is a nice touch and I appreciate being notified that the order has been packed and shipped.
MagicByVincent
View Profile
Veteran user
Staten Island, New York
329 Posts

Profile of MagicByVincent
I agree. I don’t know why but I really enjoy watching them pack my order. It’s so silly but it’s really a nice touch
Smile Smile Smile Magic is all around us we just have to be willing to see it.
lighthouse9
View Profile
New user
Michigan
50 Posts

Profile of lighthouse9
I hope they keep doing it. I feel like it adds to my anticipation and excitement.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
582 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Penguin's customer service is excellent. The vids are a cool touch.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I wonder if I’m the only one having trouble with their customer service lately?

I had some problems with a purchase, and I’ve e-mailed a service request to them, and there was no reply, so I sent it again...and again.,and again..,

Now I’ve lost count!! It’s been a couple weeks of me trying to get a response, and CRICKETS!

Anyone else experiencing this with them??
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Did you ever get a reply or your order?
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Seems their customer service is not as good as it once was. Orders are slow to ship and I have experienced orders not shipping at all due to one item on the order being out of stock (even though it showed in stock at time of purchase). Communication lacking. Also they make it hard to get a refund when an item arrives broken.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
And.....I placed an order Tuesday, still in processing.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7530 Posts

Profile of RNK
I can honestly say I have never had any issue with ordering from Penguin. Even returning a purchased item has always been easy.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
NOW Penguin just added Google pay as a pay option and before I was even signed in there is an option to choose Google Pay AND displaying the last 4 digits of my credit card.
I DO NOT appreciate this what so ever and will not be purchasing from Penguin until they remove the displaying of my information.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Tschark86
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Tschark86
I'm not sure why this would be a problem in the first place, but if it bothers you, it is of course your right to express it.
But there's really no need to first open up a new thread and then additionally reply to any penguin-related thread as well. Posting the same complaint 3 times doesn't add anything.

Also not sure if penguin is the "culprit" here. If your information is shown before you log in, I would think it's not penguin that is pulling the information from anywhere but google pay.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Good point about the numerous posts.
Egg on my face Smile

Penguin is a partial culprit in that the info is displayed without being signed in.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic - Nice personal touch! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL