The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 3D cash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Quote:
On 2005-08-03 18:45, Larry Davidson wrote:
Euangelion, you mean "borrowed," not "bought"

Yes, in many instances I had to pull the bills apart and use the money. Smile
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Tawkin2ya
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Tawkin2ya
Larry,
I love your presentation! I've made up a couple of different gimmicks so that it's almost never the same effect! Would you mind if I played around with your presentation?
Ray
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Ray, go for it, and thanks for asking.

Larry
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Okay, since Larry tipped his routine, I will follow in suit… Here is the presentation I use.

I take out 1s and as I unfold them, I tell people that this is not really a magic trick; it is an accounting trick. “ This is exactly the type of stuff that got Enron in trouble. Ever see funny accounting”?

I fold the money, and snap my fingers… All that does is change a decimal place… and (open the wad to show 10s) adds a zero. That’s tricky accounting, just a small move of the decimal place can get you in trouble…

Usually at this point I pause because I’d say 80% of the time people will say something like, “Can you make hundreds?”

At that point, I will play it off… “Now your pushing it!” They laugh and relax.

I fold the 10’s and tell them, “That would take two snaps.” I snap my fingers twice. “Two decimal places.” And then I show the 100s. HUGE reaction since they had requested that and I acted like I could not do it before I complied.

Now if they don’t say 100’s often I will just fold the 10’s and tell them, “You know what happens if I snap twice? Two decimal places, two zeros.” And go to the 100s.

Now I’d say 90% of the time you are going to get someone that says can you turn my 1s into 100s? The quick response is, “Yea right, did you see what happened to the Enron guys when they did it – I don’t make a habit of this!” (Call back to the opening line).

OR

The better response is to have a mismade bill in a TT.

I put my bills away and tell them sure, give me one of your bills as I load the tip from my pocket. I tell them to hurry up before the magic wears off…

They obviously comply.

I ask them, what do you want 10’s or 100’s. Obviously you know what they answer.

I do the folds (typical TT bill switch) I use Money Morph.

“When I unfold this thing, we should have a nice crisp, $100 dollar bill…”

“Oh I am sorry, I went the wrong way, I made quarters…”

They go crazy.

I tell them, I am sorry about that… “Well four quarters is still worth a dollar, but honestly this thing doesn’t even work in a soda machine… trust me, I’ve tried. I would never leave your bill in this worthless state, so watch close, I will fix it.”

Then I change it back to the $1 and hand it back.

Richard, about your question... yes I found 100s are neccessary for me. When I did not use them, as I said 80% of the time people asked for 100s. I did not like not being able to comply. It is such a strong piece of magic when you can comply with a demand.
Click to visit:
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
I know that Larry. Just injecting a little humor from another thread.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I own and absolutly LOVE this trick. The changes blow people away. Unfortunatly, I don't have the cash to make the gimmick. Even going to smaller denominations is tough for me. I work, but theres always something I need to be spending money on. Hopefully down the road I will be able to remake the gimmick and start it up again.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Dan, nice routine.

Euangelion, aha!

Best regards, Larry
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Dan, thank you VERY much for sharing your routine!!!
Your patter and handling are excellent! Smile
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Jason Purdy
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of Jason Purdy
I have had Slow Burn for some time. I like it a lot. I just purchased 3D Cash... I have had fun trying out the different handling and combining effects. I figured out a way with 3D Cash to go from say, $1 to $5's back to $1's and then to $20's! Pretty cool and versatile. I'm glad I had Slow-burn first though, as it would have been more confusing. It's cool I can still do the Slow Burn change though!

I like the idea of $1 to $5's back to $1's and then to $20's! It starts like a single change and change back... Then you just change the $1's to $20's! Kind on unexpectedly and on an off beat. I usually would say something like. "I know what your thinking, If I give you some of my $1's can you do that for me?" I then explain it's just an illusion, and return them back to $1's. Then I say, "Besides, if I really could change money, I don't think I'd waste my time with $5's" <as I then change the $1 to $20's> ($100's If I had them!)

Just play with the packed placements and you'll figure it out!
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
I noticed something I liked about 3D cash in a video I saw. It was after you fan out the 1s showing them as normal. It took place as all the ones were squared up and folded in half. And through that action the move was done, eliminating the awkward moves such as in slow burn. But the 3D cash is too bulky for my tastes.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1072 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
That and I am Canadian so it only gives more of a chance for the different coloured bills to flash.
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » 3D cash (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL