The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » quartered copper/silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Do they make a copper/silver coin with a quarter? I have a small copper coin that is the same size as a quarter... I think it’s from France. I could get this mated to a quarter, but I didn’t know if such a thing already existed.

Speaking of copper silver coins, why is the copper coin always a different kind of coin? Why isn’t it a copper half dollar? Do they make those?

Chad
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Todd Lassen just sent me an early Christmas present- a Copper Silver Brass set made from a Peruvian 1/2 Sol, a small Chinese coin with a square hole and a 1964 Silver quarter. Highly cool and, as always, incredible workmanship.

I'm sure Todd would be happy to make a Copper silver set for you in quarter size. you can contact him at klarentz@aol.com

Regards,

Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Sasco makes a quarter size copper/silver coin using one of the small British coins which looks like an English Penny. The only problem is that the diameter of the copper coin is slightly larger than a quarter and the copper side of the gaff doesn't quite match the real version of the copper coin.

I'd try Todd Lassen. He's the god of coin makers.

Mike
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
I have an American 1964 silver quarter, they are pretty cool just because I’m the only person I know that has one. Also, if you want a copper quarter then just soak a quarter in vineger or some citric acid to take off the zinc coating.
:goof: Smile Smile Smile
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Quote:
On 2002-01-12 03:19, aznviet6uy wrote:
Also, if you want a copper quarter then just soak a quarter in vineger or some citric acid to take off the zinc coating.
:goof: Smile Smile Smile

I was told about this before. I tried it and the copper in the center of the quarter started to dissolve, but the zinc stayed. What did I do wrong?
I kept it in the vineger for about three days. all the reading is gone, the zinc is dulled, and the copper core is dissolving.
He who laughs, lasts.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Hello all,
Todd Lassen makes hands down the best coins available. I have a c,s,b set that I love. I use his shells also.

One day when I have the money, I will try to buy everthing in triplicate. I would recomend all of your coin needs to a man whom I consider to be the doctor of a coin mans needs.

When your hurting for superior coins, he has the right prescription to make you a rock star with coin magic. I do think the killer thing about his coins are the fact if they are shiny or dull it doesnt matter, they do not have a trick coin feel to them.

I am not being paid nor am I advertising. I am just letting those of you who don't know what the best is, it is Todds coins. Heck I don't think he even likes me, but his coins rock, and he won't cheat you on what you buy.
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Reed is quite correct, the coins Todd makes are awesome.The quality is fantastic.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Lassen coins Smile

Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A U.S. quarter with a copper back (English half-penny, I believe) should be available at just about any big magic shop.
They are not at all uncommon, and becoming more common as half dollars become rarer.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I really like the C/S coin made with the new Sacajawea dollar backed by the Susan B. Anthony dollar. Bigger than a quarter, smaller than a half, they are the perfect size for me, and the Sac dollars are still new enough that they draw a lot of interest.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » quartered copper/silver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL