We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gold plated "Walking liberty" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
There are some gold plated half dollars ( Ebay). You get them in Kennedy or Walking liberty. They are only 5-6 $ and must be useful for some copper/silver routines or Spellbound routines. Any of you coin workers tried these?
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Get them!
A friend of mine got goldplated Morgan Silvers. They just showed up great in certain routines!
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Tom Wolf
View Profile
Special user
Harrison, Ohio
576 Posts

Profile of Tom Wolf
I second what Werner said.

I have been using gold plated half dollars and gold plated English pennies for years now.
Those along with silver/clean half dollars, really add class to your act.

Tom Wolf
The magic director and performer at the Rincon Gaucho supper club in Mexico City,

We opened the first and only close-up room for magic in Mexico with Wolf Ruvinskis.
have several new coin vanishes and routines to share shortly just as soon as I can find someone to film them for me.

Now living in Harrison, Ohio
Magius
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magius
Would it depend which one you get though? Also, would it cost less if you have them plated in gold yourself?
Neophyte.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27088 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you look at Todd Plaster's site, there are now some more colorful options.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
iarwain
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of iarwain
Quote:
If you look at Todd Plaster's site, there are now some more colorful options.

Those are really cool! Is it just me or are there no prices on that site? Anyone know how much they go for?
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
Those gold plated replica coins that are advertised on TV for $19.99 are great for metomorphesis type routines. I picked up the $5 gold coin a while back. The diameter is a little larger than a quarter, and pretty thin. All in all a good $20 investment.

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
itexus
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of itexus
My friend has those I think. They are pretty cool.
Dr. Faust
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, Kentucky
183 Posts

Profile of Dr. Faust
I haven't heard of them before, but for that price, I will certainly be looking for them now! Sounds like a great bargain for a very unique coin--especially the Walking Liberty. I already use the Walking Liberty Halves in one of my favorite routines.

Thanks,

Dr. Faust
"I have such sights to show you!"
tgroenjes
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of tgroenjes
If you have trouble finding them on Ebay, you should look in your phone book under "Plating" or "Metal refinishing" and see if there is a person who gold plates in your area. I work for a company that does refinishing of antiques and we have a gold tank the size of a bathtub! We have special holders for gripping coins to plate them. We can plate in 24k gold, nickel, brass, copper, and silver. The one nice thing about gold plated coins is that they never tarnish. They will wear after time, but they won't tarnish. Nickel plated finishes also will not tarnish. They look really bright though, and have a "black shine" to them. To a layman, the color silver is silver no matter what it actually is. But if you were to put a silver coin next to a nickel coin, you would really see the diference. I use the "White shine" and "Black shine" reference when I tell people about the metals. You see, silver has a "White Shine" or should I say it reflects light very well. Nickel has a "Black Shine" or the ability to absorb shadows. Nickel does hold up a lot longer though. I have some English Pennies that are Niclel plated, and they have lasted for many many years. They look fine as long as you don't use them right next to silver coins. PM me if you are interested in getting a bunch done, and I'll be glad to give you a quote on how much it would cost to plate them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Gold plated "Walking liberty" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL