The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Learned Pig (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
I know that the Learned Pig guy doesn't do apps very often, and mine's been no exception (working on six months now).. but it also appears like he doesn't even do security. So .. how long do I need to wait and how safe is it to be a member there as they've been compromised TWICE in the past month?
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Jarrod,
Having been a member of the LP for years, I have never had any trouble even though the Pig has been hacked.
As for getting in, Marko travels extensively and six months is not too long to wait (or even a year).
It is certainly worth it!
JarrodHenry
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of JarrodHenry
Peter:

Oh, I'm patient Smile That's not the problem. Just a bit concerned regarding the hacking. So you can get through to the site even with the hacked page in play? Good Smile
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
How can you get into this site around the hack?
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
http://www.thelearnedpig.com.pa

This seems to be working fine for me now.

BTW: Like Peter, I've also been a member for years and have never had a problem with security and this site. It is one of the best magic sites around and well worth any wait to get onboard.

Thanks,
Richard
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I am a member also. It took about a month to get the 'ship. From what I've read, I musta got lucky or something. And I'm tickled that the site is up again.

To those of you who wait...keep waiting. As rtgreen said, the wait is worth it.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Jonathan Rice
View Profile
Loyal user
Maryland
223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Rice
Yes, I applied in september and am still waiting.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I just applied 5 minutes ago and I have not recieved a response either. I do hope to try it soon as it seems to be spoken of highly.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
anime_file
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of anime_file
Lol. 5 mins ago? You have to wait like months and years to get accepted.
TheCaffeinator
View Profile
Regular user
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
126 Posts

Profile of TheCaffeinator
I joined about a year ago. It took about a month to process my membership. Unfortunately, I haven't accessed the site for about three months, and during the interim I reconfigured my computer and lost all my passwords. I emailed Marko and am now waiting for the PW. It's like I joined all over again... Smile

However, as others have said, it's worth the wait.
Ollie1235
View Profile
Special user
England
533 Posts

Profile of Ollie1235
I became a member about a month ago (i think), I guess I got lucky as well because it only took about a week. anyway, its worth the wait.

ollie
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Yeah this is a bugger. I was in, but my email changed and I found myself out. Now I am trying to get back in...for years. But I miss the Poinc site Smile
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
So .. has anyone ever actually received a rejection notice ?
You know,
"I'm sorry, but your application has been rejected on the basis that your magic library is comprised of the TV scripts for the masked magician, and All Texas Hold'em does not qualify as a 4 aces trick. Better luck next lifetime."
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
You got one too, eh? <:(
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I got in a few months ago, after waiting for quite some time. I'd actually forgotten when I applied. I enjoy it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
I became a member a couple of years ago, and I can tell you that the collection certainly has grown since then! It is a terrific site with lots of amazing reference material.

Have a good day!

Louis
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
It took me awhile before I got a reply. I was accepted and the info on the site was worth the wait. This is the 2nd most visited site I visit. 1st is Café.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
Quote:
On 2005-01-28 15:42, Clifford the Red wrote:
Yeah this is a bugger. I was in, but my email changed and I found myself out. Now I am trying to get back in...for years. But I miss the Poinc site Smile

Clifford, I went on the learned pig site a couple of minutes ago... The Poinc site is still available, as a memorial site... A nice place to remember him.

Louis
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Marko must be around home. I sent him email about the hacked front page and received a reply in a couple of days. And yes, the Weird gene site is there in all its glory, including a guest book. Odd to see poeple writing to someone who won't be responding except on a spirit slate...

Keep trying. He's got a couple of great collections of magic ebooks on CD (including the Tarbell Course). Spend some money, support keeping the history of magic alive (an un-solicited testimony).

Dave
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
magomarko
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of magomarko
Hi all,
I'm Marko, the webmaster of The Learned Pig Project website. I want to apologize for the inconveniently long waits you have experienced in getting a password to enter the site. A huge workload had prevented me from working on TLPP but just recently I sold a business I had which took most of my time and now I am freer and can devote more time to TLLP.

I recently processed more than 600 applications, some many months old so maybe some of you received your passwords. If not, I invite you to reapply at:

http://thelearnedpig.com.pa/register/forms/form1.html

This is the entrance test and is very easy for magicians.

There are new changes made in the main page of the Member Only Area and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you visit.

Best regards,
Marko
The Learned Pig Project
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Learned Pig (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL