We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » 50 Post Exception to the rule » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
When a professional performer joins The Magic Café and supplies a link to his website to be published along with an avatar, I strongly feel that it is sufficient proof of sincerity and the 50 post rule shoud be waived as a profesional courtesy.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
Welcome, Sebastian!
I am under the impression that the 50 post rule is not about being "in the know". It is primarily about being a regular contributor to the Café - one of the magicians helping magicians, professional or otherwise.
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Laughing Otter, Thanks for the welcome,...if as you say it's about magicians helping magicians, I wrote a lot of helpfull posts that didn't count on my tally of posts during the period when the site was under reconstruction by Gene.
The way I did this was by initiating and overseeing an online telethon to raise money for Gene to purchase a new monitor.We did raise a considerable amount of money in the short time that we had to work and it helped Gene who puts a lot of his own time into the Magic Café to do his work with a better tool.
At any rate once I get to 50 posts I will be offering some things for sale of my own creation.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5178 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Sebastian, Laughing Otter is correct. It's not just a matter of being someone in the know. There are many members on the Café who have more than a average knowledge of magic but who are not strictly professionals. The 50 post rules gives a member a chance to familiarize themselves with all the rules of the Café as well as give the staff a chance to get to know the member. It's like a training period if you will.

When Gene set up the temporary Café during the search engine conversion, he made it very clear that it was only temporary and had nothing to do with the real thing.
Where the magic begins
kcalB
View Profile
Inner circle
Took me 16 years to make
1001 Posts

Profile of kcalB
O.K. I got it now, It kinda reminds me of the courtship with my wife in a way.
50 dates before any real intimacy, See you in 35.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
CrazyJack
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of CrazyJack
I HAVE JOUST A QUESTION LAST DAY I HAD 25 OUR 26 OPS THE CAP IS ON SORRY, and to day I have 8 way do I have 8?
Uh...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5178 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
CrazyJack, check you PM's. I sent you an explanation.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » 50 Post Exception to the rule » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL