The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Advice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Hi guys,

Currently I know a few rope routines (C&R, etc.), but I'm getting pretty bored with doing the same tricks over and over. Do you have any recommendations of books or DVDs that would be the best for me?

Kind Regards,

Tom
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You might be bored, but how do your audiences react to your current routine?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Hi pete, I do beleive they enjoy it quite a lot (head swells). I shouldn't have really said 'bored' above I just really would like to learn some new rope effects to use in conjuction with the couple that I use at this current time.

Thanks

Tom
tony4938
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
94 Posts

Profile of tony4938
I had the same problem mate, so I purchased;

'Abbott's encyclopedia of rope tricks for Magicians'

From http://www.cards4magic.co.uk , it's an excellent book with 400 pages of tricks all for only £8.50!
Hope this helps
Tony
Michael Berends
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
220 Posts

Profile of Michael Berends
There's a lot of info in that Rope Encyclopedia I've owned it for years and still scan through the pages for stuff.

A really good rope routine that is practical and commercial is "Daryl's Rope Routine" I originally saw him do it in person at a lecture and I was really impressed. Up till that time I thought rope magic was boring, then I really saw what kind of potential rope magic has!

It used to come as a poster/instructions years ago, but now the easiest way to get is in Daryl's Rope videos. Which have a lot of other great rope effects in them also. Daryl's Rope Routine is a full routine that has multiple phases, is visual, and easy to follow for the audience.

Some other magicians that do some great things with rope are Pavel, and Tabaray. I'm pretty sure that they both put out videos on rope magic.

Hope this helps?

Michael Berends
www.michaelberends.com
"IMPOSSIBLE HAS JUST BECOME AN OPINION"
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Thanks guys I'll pick up that book at blackpool in february

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Advice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL