The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Strength tests - Impossible to do, although look simple (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
CENDRE
View Profile
Veteran user
FRANCE
334 Posts

Profile of CENDRE
Quote:
On 2002-11-02 21:02, spook wrote:
What we're talking about is this: the mage makes a circle with his thumb and index finger and when held over the sacred writings (or relic or bone or whatever) even the burliest of spectators can't pry it apart. When the item is removed, the supernatural strength is gone and the fingers are easily pulled apart.

It works !!!!
Spook ! Thank you for this illusion. It's very effective and I surprised more than one friend with it. I will probably try to use it in one of my stories (in the future).
Actually, I tried to do a double test (you do this effect, then a spect do this effect) and it's very effective !

Thank you Spook,
Il était une fois...

CENDRE
Paris
FRANCE
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
Perhaps Ormond McGill was on to "something" when he titled that book "Real Mental Magic".
(As opposed to "Hoo Doo, Flap and Floo") !
Lol Smile I like the ideas around "Chi",
(look into "prana" too). There's more too this than meets the eye, don't you think ?
spook
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
150 Posts

Profile of spook
I have not tried coaxing a spectator to imagine the iron ring but it sounds like a great idea! Obviously you'd have to have a second spectator do the prying apart or you'd be accused of faking it. I bet it would make a great "explanation" for the rest of the devious crap we do!

Banshee's strength test reminds me of something I used to do in grade school. I'd have folks lift me and then "imagine" myself heavy while simultaneously relaxing every muscle I could. Bang, I'd suddenly drop. Is this what Derren Brown does? Another similar thing I used to do as a kid was "will" my pupils to contract and expand. No, it had nothing to do with light sources, I just...did it. I haven't thought of this in years. I gotta see if I can still do it! If so I think I have a new effect to doctor and play with.

John, I think "Hoodoo, Flap and Floo" would be a lovely title. I can see a great question answering act where the envelope is opened and the question reads "Charles Nelson Reilly, a cat door and influenza."

Hll hll!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Strength tests - Impossible to do, although look simple (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL