The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Best way to get from fickle fire to... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
I could use some advice from some of you that perform the fire in palms effect. I'm looking for a safe way to get from Fickle Fire to something else. I would like to produce something like silks or streamers without the risk of catching either on fire and also safely ditching the fickle fire gimmicks. I had originally thought of attaching elastic to make pulls for the both of gimmicks, but that doesn't seem to safe. What do you guys do?
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
I use mine as part of a fire eating routine, starting with my hands bursting into flame then transfering the flame from my hands to a candle. When the candle is lit and my hands no longer on fire I reach down under my table for my torches and ditch the gimmicks then. As far as using a pull goes I really wouldn't they can get quite hot and you don't want that up your sleeve! Using them to cover a production is possible just pratice a lot to make sure they're out before the silk appears, your timing must be tight or you will appear the flaming silk!
Keep passing the open windows!
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
That's what I'm afraid of, producing flaming silks or streamers. I'm not sure how to get from one to the other safely.

Also you mention producing a candle after the FF is out. I'm assuming this is a vanishing candle type of thing, are you holding that in your hand at the same time your holding the FF?

Also how do you get the gimmick that's in the "candle hand" to the other hand so you can ditch both when going for the torch.

I'm not interested in mimicking your routine, I have my own idea's in mind but the method you use may help me with the routine I am working on.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I also thought of elastic about a year ago. The only way I found worked was to touchthe sides of my jacket and they would set fire (black flash paper) while I ditch the fickle fire in a tail pocket.

Matt
n3cromanc3r
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of n3cromanc3r
Hmm.. from what I read on these forums I got the impression that there was quite a few who had used or were using the fire in palms. Anyone who uses it, has the issue of ditching them so I thought there would have been more discussion here about what people did with them and how they got out of the effect.

What about this idea...

What if I took a piece of round metal about 2 inches round and attached it to the lid of the FF. Then to that I taped streamers (the compact rolled up kind). Since the metal circle is larger than the lid it would protect the streamers from catching fire. When I close the lid of the FF, the fire goes out and the streamers would be on top ready to be thrown. As I gather the streamers and produce..whatever...I ditch the FF gimicks when I ditch the streamers. I don't know, it just does not seem safe enough, but my mind is trying to come up with some way to get out of the FF gimicks and onto producing something else.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Best way to get from fickle fire to... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL