The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thy Psychological Mentalist, is it Mentalism? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
South Yorkshire, England
609 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Hey no problems, FIGHT THE POWER!

Its fears like these that result in the tedium floating round these fora recently. Everyone has there own opinions and so what if the discussions get heated. Isn't that the point? To have a real, passionate discusiion about what we all love.
One day I will write a book

www.jordanwaller.tumblr.com

website coming soon...
Stephen Thompson
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of Stephen Thompson
Luke Jermay has an Essay in his Coral Fang booklet that explains his approach to the psychic versus psychological issue. he seems to divide the audience into two types of people. those prone to believing in psychic ability and those who would be patronised by claims of psychic power. Luke shows how you can appeal to both simultaneously without patronising either.

S
Alexander Marsh
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1190 Posts

Profile of Alexander Marsh
I think one problem with the Psychological Approuch is that it tends to put you in a frame of mind that takes away the magic.

It doesn't need to be so, but it does have the sometimes overwelming power to make Mentalists make a hole show about hard nosed, scientific facts. Making it seem more like a lecture.

I remember seeing Marc Paul do Mavens 'Yours and Mine bank night thingy', he made the hole presentation about voice inflection. It was rubish, boring and uterly confusing.
The responce it got was that of, 'Oh, clever.' And that was because of the 'cleverness' of the yours, yours, yours, and MINE! revelation at the end.

Like I said, it doesn't have to be so.

P.S. Lukes Essay is GREAT!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Thy Psychological Mentalist, is it Mentalism? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL