The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Performances on TV. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
Who can give the following information:
In what countries of the world invite illusionists to single performance on TV of show?
What is this TV and where it is possible to send DVD?
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Unfortunately Alex,

What you are talking about is an old fashioned variety show. There are no more variety shows in the United States. Very expensive to produce. The last one I can remember that used outside acts was The Hollywood Palace, which has been off the air probably before you were born.

The shows now are specials produced for a single performer or as in the Monaco specials, by invitation only.

I will leave to to others to talk about their own countries.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
KerryJK
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
621 Posts

Profile of KerryJK
"Le Plus Grand Cabaret Du Monde" on French/European station TV5 comes to mind; I've no idea what the contact details are, but TV5's website is at http://www.tv5.org .

I think El Raphael is a café user who has appeared on LPGCDM, perhaps you could ask him.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
I believe you may have a good chance with "Le Plus Grand..." as each show uses 4-6 magicians, and from all over the world, either their web site, or by checking aroundd you will find the contact info.

Good luck.

Blair
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
There have been lots and lots of variety shows since The Hollywood Palace, but not necessarily on broadcast networks. Every now and then these shows do pop up on cable, such as the Statler Brothers show that ran on the Nashville Network. I believe they are off the air, however. It's still worth keeping your eyes open on cable (unfortunately, this won't help Alex, who is in Russia.)

Also, if you are doing something noteworthy, there are still the morning talk shows such as Regis and Kelly. Franz Harary, Joseph Gabriel, and others have appeared on that show. Escape artist Anthony made it to Good Morning America when he did an escape while falling from an airplane.

So, the opportunities are still there is you think originally and keep your eyes open.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
A good magic/variety show out of Russia would be great and probably be of interest to other markets (ie. cable, Canada etc), there are also many good Scandinavian magicians clos3e to you, whom you do not get to see in N.A. What about approaching your state t.v. station/producers with the idea??? You never know, you may hit on something by pitching them an idea. Then you could perhaps import some of the N.A. folks. (me too, me too!!!)

With all the N.A. corpotations heading into Russia, ie. McDonalds etc. etc. maybe there is one that would think of sponsoring this. As Mark Wilson did, he got the sponsor, then approached the networks.

Blair
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
I have a collection of "Le Plus Grand Cabaret Du Monde" in video cd format.
Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
jamieallan
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of jamieallan
Alex

Try contracting levante productions an English / Spainish based agency, I think the email is levanteproductions@yahoo.com They have no website.

JA
lover3
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of lover3
To perform in the show "le plus cabaret du monde" contact france 2 or magic tv (not tv5 !) ! the website from france 2 is france2.fr but I think you will found the website from magic tv on the website from france 2 !
MCM
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
456 Posts

Profile of MCM
You know it truely is too bad that the classic variety show is gone from US TV. In the early days of cable, when HBO and others had time to fill, there were a couple interesting magic/variety shows, but those are mostly gone now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Performances on TV. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL