The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What amazes at school/crowd shows? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Hi:

I was recently reading the thread regarding the pricing on schools shows. I was going to tack this onto that thread, but thought I'd start a separate one.

My question is this: To those that have done schools shows, or large crowds composed primarily of children, what is the one effect or routine that has really knocked the show out of the park for you in terms of audience reaction? What is the one effect or routine you do that the kids always remember?

And, in the same vain (vein?), but not necessarily the same trick or routine, what's the one thing you do that you can milk the most interactivity with the audience or an audience member from?

--Jon
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
Cardographic gets them every time.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Yes Card-o graphic and the fantasy magician. The fantasy magician has gotten me more shows than anything.

Ken
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
716 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Ken:

Unfamiliar with fantasy magician. Is that where you dress the child up, then put your arms under theirs, performing as them with your arms?

--Jon
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Yes you are correct.

Ken
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Visal magic is the best.. .Stay away from card tricks and mind reading effects..

Variety ... sillyness and interaction is the key
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
I personally like to make candy in teh dove pan. I of course dress the child up in a chefs hat and oversized apron. They think they are going to am ke candy but after all the good ingrediants have been brought out I bring out the KETCHUP ohhh do they love that. It is a Nielsen full ketchup so I disappear it because they don't want ketchup in their candy and at the end candy is made (what all kids love the most) It is dispused and that is the end of my show with a addedd THANK YOU silk 36 inch.... Its greeeeeeeeat
Pizzazz
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
108 Posts

Profile of Pizzazz
The effect that gets them every time for me is "Blendo" by D. Laflin.
May all your days be "magic" days
Mike Brezler
View Profile
Inner circle
Waynesboro, Pa.
1114 Posts

Profile of Mike Brezler
The kids love the comedy funnel routine with the comedy ice pick. I ask for 2 participants from the audience. Boy #1 is asked to drink a glass of grape juice.
Next I tell him that I can usually find a place where I can get the grape jucie to come out if I poke a hole in his body. I go to his right elbow and I make a hole with the comedy ice pick. I place the comedy funnel underneath the elbow and a clear glass under the funnel. I have boy #2 start to pump boy #1 left arm and the grape juice magically runs out of his elbow through the funnel into the glass.
The kids love this effect because it is funny and very visual. I use the super comedy funnel it costs around $32.00 and I bought the ice pick for $25.00
This is a show stopper!
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
You just can't beat producing a live Rabbit>gets 'em everytime! (...and about the easiest method is the Bunny Box where you draw a picture of a rabbit on a blank slate and insert same through a slit into the back of the box--open the front door and where there was nothing b-4 now there's a LIVE RABBIT!)
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Usually, exactly the same effects that do well in my birthday show.
ThePartyMagician
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
216 Posts

Profile of ThePartyMagician
I'll second Ken's 'Fantasy Magician' routine. I only actually got this the other day, but it absolutely ROCKS!!

Get it - you won't be sorry!

Mike
ericsharp
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of ericsharp
The Vernon Chinese Rings routine goes great with older children at school shows and always draws a large crowd in the open air. Magic tube and Wands for the greatest sucker trick which really milks the audience whatever their age. Eric and Muriel.
gandalf
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
310 Posts

Profile of gandalf
Have you tried a Dream Bag? Have a look at jbtv.co.uk - they have a demo of one
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I find that my botania kills 'em at school shows. I lift up the tube and look away, not seeing the flowers, and the kids go CRAZY!
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Funny you should say that Nicholas. My wife and I just put in our Botania for a new opener music routine for our shows. We ended the opener with a flower becoming a full botania. The reactions were incredible with gasps and cheers from not even the kids but the adults alike. I guess some of the classics are classics because they just always work. =)

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » What amazes at school/crowd shows? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL