The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Elephant trunk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Does anyne know if anybody makes an 'elephant trunk hand puppet'?

I assume a lot of you use puppets in your acts....I've seen a number of rabbit-in-hat ones, and that gave me an idea. If you got a RIH puppet, and cut out the rabbit (humanely of course), and got a dolphin hand puppet (don't know where to find one of those either), a hairy gorilla glove, and an elephant trunk puppet, you could have the running gag of trying to produce a rabbit and getting the wrong animal each time. First, rig a 'handzup' gimmik on the hat. On you first attenmpt, you wonder aloud what rabbits like to eat, and (ignoring the children shouting CARROTT!!!) you try to coax him out with...a bannana!! The gorilla's hand reaches out & takes the fruit, and an empty skin is thrown in your face. For the later 2nd attempt, you wonder aloud again what a rabbit would like, and this time try a fish!! You drop the fish in the hat, and you get a squirt of water in the face, followed by the dolphin's appearance. On your later 3rd attempt the process is repeated using a big peanut and the elephant's trunk. How you would finally suceed is up to you...preferably with a REAL rabbit production, but does anyone know if they make these types of puppets?
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
There are some small animal hand puppets at http://www.orientaltrading.com
there are 12 to a set. The puppets are barely large enough to fit on an adult hand. They do hold up quite well though. Heres a link to the ones that I have: Click Here!

You will also want to do a search for "Puppet" as they have other items that might interest you.

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Sounds quite funny, looks good for a 2 man gig.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Oh, with a 2 person show you could do a lot better than that! The puppets could be a heck of a lot more animated & free-moving rather than being worked by your own hand.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Elephant trunk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL