The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk DVD's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lukas
View Profile
Regular user
Plymouth, UK
169 Posts

Profile of Lukas
Can anyone suggests any good silk DVD's that also contain routining information?
Make the difficult look easy, and the easy beautiful.

President and Minutes Secretery of the Plymouth Magic Circle

www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
Amazing Kenno
View Profile
New user
Kenno
60 Posts

Profile of Amazing Kenno
Lukas,
You can't do much better than the several silk DVDs put out by Duane Laflin (laflinmagic.com). One deals specifically with routining, another with the H__k ball. He also has some videos from the 90s with lots of great silk effects on them; they are not yet on DVD. Kenno
The Amazing Kenno
unklepaul
View Profile
New user
hemel hempstead, uk
84 Posts

Profile of unklepaul
I thoroughly recommend Pavels cabaret silks video that is going real cheap at L&L at the moment (i bought mine at international magic in london recently and it is stunningly good)

best wishes
paul
om mani padme hum
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Paul Diamonds Symponette in Silk is also being closed out in video but still a good reference.,
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I have all three of the DVDs in Laflin's Secrets of Silk Magic Series, and they are all fantastic! They really make you want to put together a silk only act, at least it did for me.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
If memory serves me correct P & A silks put out a few silk video's that had some good overall information, but the video was shot in what appears to be a garage, and the production wasn’t as strong as the content of the tapes. I have not seen these tapes anywhere in quite some time, so I don't know if they are still available or not.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
You are correct. Peter White did put out 7 volumes of silk magic. Content was good but production was poor. Still very worth getting. I was just watching them again the other day.

I would try writing Peter direct at P&A silks to see if you could get a set.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Mr. Muggle
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Mr. Muggle
Thanks Richard, I wasn't aware that there were so many volumes.

MM
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret... You want to be fooled." - The Prestige (2006)
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Pavel`s Cabaret Silk Magic and Alexander de Cova video on silk magic are some good videos too.
Aperazor
View Profile
Loyal user
Akron,Ohio
244 Posts

Profile of Aperazor
I bought the Pavel Cabaret Silks video last week for $10 at L&L with free shipping.
The best $10 I spent on magic in a long time. I actually bought trhe whole cabaret series for $30 and was very pleased.

Definitely worth a look.
Nick
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Quote:
On 2005-01-26 10:14, hugmagic wrote:
Paul Diamonds Symponette in Silk is also being closed out in video but still a good reference.,

Richard,

I assume you were referencing L&L? Looks like L&L no longer has the Paul Diamonds Symponette in Silk video? Off subject - Did you once live in Hanover, PA?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, I was referring to L&L. It would be nice if they put it on DVD. Otherwise watch ebay.

No, I never lived in Hanover. I know who are thinking of. He as a person who stole information from Horace and Marie Marshall and has tried to copy their work. I was a former owner of the Marshall business and was taught by Horace and Marie Marshall.
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk DVD's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL