We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Quietus of Creativity Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Actually, 90% of what is is volume 1 was performed many times in table hopping of sitting close up environments. Almost everything in volume 2 was performed on stage.

Conjurous... We Pm'd you and said if youw ere that unhappy with the book to contact us Via e mail with the order info and we'd be happy to take it back since you said you ordered from us. Never heard back. Hope everything is Ok with you.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
763 Posts

Profile of Josho
I've started both books and am not yet prepared to write a full review. However, I'll make a couple of observations. It seems like a good percentage of the methods are workable, but that also leaves a significant percentage of questionable methods. The patter is atrocious and I cannot imagine anyone using this patter in real life, but that's just as well since it's rare that one person's published patter fits any other given performer's style. Third, I am stupefied at how many typos there are in the books. Obviously, a ton of work went into the writing and production of these books, but it seems like there was little or no proofreading: most pages have at least 1 major typo, many pages have two, three, or more. Very strange. I expect that kind of sloppiness when I get a "book" or instructions that're merely a photocopied few pages. I'm very surprised to see that kind of sloppiness in hardcover books that could not have been inexpensive to print. Especially in books that claim to have an editor, like these.

--Josh
wonderbott
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of wonderbott
I thought these books needed LOTS of editing, but were/ are an absolutely GOLDMINE of creativity. The mentalism one particularly as that's more my thing!
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
391 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
I went to the leaping lizards website and the teaser link does not work.
wonderbott
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of wonderbott
Hmmm... It worked for Colume 2 Mind Candy the other day, Maybe the other one is offline because the book is Out of print.
magic.42
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magic.42
I think the book is worth the $17.94 that Penguin Magic is currently offering it for ( Feb. 3, 2019) . I bought a copy an am about half way through it. The reviews given earlier about stirring up ones creativity is spot on. Even at this point it was well worth the $17.94, probably more. If you order it , buy a second book so you can take advantage of the free shipping with a $50.00 order.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Quietus of Creativity Book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL