The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins across with [ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Magius
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magius
Erm... implausible False Transferrs? Perhaps in your hands. I personally think Friction Palm is easier to do well than Han Ping Chein, for example.
Neophyte.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Well I am sure my false transfers could be improved, but what I mean is that there is no good reason (in the spectator's mind) for the coins to be continually put in one hand, then the other, put down, picked up etc. And it is bound to lead, rightly, to suspicion.

I first wanted to learn coins across because I saw someone do it without (so far as I could see) any of this fidgety behaviour. I think he used a [.

I like the ungaffed one I posted because it minimises these dodgy-looking moves, without having to use a [. Although it does use a kind of Han Ping Chien, which is a pretty strange move, looked at objectively.

(And I accept, of course, that dodginess is partly a function of the performer's skill, as well as a quality of the moves themselves)
Jolyon Jenkins
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3027 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Actually rjenkins, using a gaff often eliminates what you call doginess. Roth's coins across is one of the most straightfoward versions available using a [.
Click to visit:
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Dan, I agree - I was perhaps expressing myself badly again. I meant that of the ungaffed ones, those that avoid lots of false transfers seem better to me.
Jolyon Jenkins
Jim Stan Magic Man
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago Area
239 Posts

Profile of Jim Stan Magic Man
I also vote for Matrix God's Way from John Born. I purchased his book with the performance cd. There are some awesome routines in there.
Jim
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
841 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Earl Nelson has a shelled coins across in Variations that I thought I might play with again after all these years. Anyone here that knows it, what do you think of it?
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
771 Posts

Profile of Loz
Just been playing with Jennings Peripatetic coins and its very nice. 3 coins cleanly across, 4th coin to the spectator's hand, and you can end clean, all 4 non-gaffs in the specs hand, heat off you to ditch.
green4magic
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of green4magic
I use David Roth's routine with the [ daily in all kinds of performance situations and get a great spectator reaction with never a ditch problem.

Everyone is looking at the coins in the spectator's hand!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins across with [ (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL