The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Impression pads (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Darko Dojin
View Profile
Regular user
DGAF
163 Posts

Profile of Darko Dojin
If you take a careful look up Rick's jacksy, a billet is what you will find firmly lodged up there and upon which a spectator has cunningly recorded a 'thought'.
ChEeKy_MoNkEy
View Profile
Regular user
FCCL
149 Posts

Profile of ChEeKy_MoNkEy
LOL....well I have to say Darko Dojin, being a newbie I'm grateful for any scraps of advice you more exerienced guys are prepared to throw my way.....Unfortunately I don't know Mr. Silmser so I don't think your last piece of advice would be a good idea Smile....
zmagicleez
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of zmagicleez
That's never his wife!!
It's a small world... but you wouldn't want to hoover it.
Shnarker
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
89 Posts

Profile of Shnarker
I am partial to the Osterlind Imp Pad. The key to that is making 2 of them...one gaffed, one not. Having the audience member hold onto the non-gaffed pad increases the believability (sp?) of the effect. I've used it, and if presented properly, anyone can use this with confidence.
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I found everything I needed at Office Depot and Staples.
As for the c***** p***r, I picked that up at the same place. It came in 8 1/2 X 11 sheets, just has to be cut down to size.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Rick, did the original sheets as packaged have lines and boxes on them for say, accounting purposes? I saw some and was going to get them but they were sealed and quite pricey so wasn't sure. I am assuming the cutting down is to get the blank section.

Or am I wrong wrong wrong?

Cheers,

Lawrence
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
Osterlind gives you step by step instructions to make your own imp pad on one of the Mind Mysteries DVD's. They are easy to make and do a wonderful job.

Allan
Vision
View Profile
Veteran user
London
395 Posts

Profile of Vision
I'm slightly worried, and have been so from the very start, that we would get people buying the Janus Pad and sell them as soon as they have the instructions. It's a bit sad really, because I can put my reputation at stake for this single product and say it's awesome and there's no pad out there that's better for the situations the Janus is made for. Im not saying anything about the people selling their pads here, but I know of a few so far have been selling their pads whilst still using and making them. So sad.

Sincerely,
Daniel Young
www.awonderfulmind.blogspot.com
check it out for new products.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I have not watched my Osterlind DVD's in awhile (hanging my head in shame) I can't remember if Osterlinds Pad can be used during a performance or not. Is it only a pre show IMP pad?
David Deanie
View Profile
New user
Scotland
63 Posts

Profile of David Deanie
Chichi711-I believe that Osterlinds pad was used as a pre show IMP pad. Wrapping the pad in tinfoil is a nice touch-does not use x-ray devices or electronic signals! I imagine it could be used differently during performance if there is an effective peek of the picture-thought it might not be as effective as the pre show work.

A matter of opinion as to when it should be used! I'm quite happy with The totally impossible book test IMP device- though I had made something similar from the 13 steps prior to buying the Kerry Sommers effect!

David
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-02-02 18:19, chichi711 wrote:
I have not watched my Osterlind DVD's in awhile (hanging my head in shame) I can't remember if Osterlinds Pad can be used during a performance or not. Is it only a pre show IMP pad?

If you bend back about 1/4 inch of the paper insert so that it sticks out from under the cover, you can get your impression, then, in the act of supposedly ripping out the next sheet, actually draw out the paper from the cover, turn it over and lay it back on the pad with the info right in front of you. You should hold the pad a bit low in your hand to shield the sides as you make the move. Although it wasn't designed for this purpose, it works perfectly.

Richard
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Perfect. Thanks for the help Osterlind.
Hamilton
View Profile
New user
Maine
90 Posts

Profile of Hamilton
Regarding sources of C paper. Richard gives a great easy source for it on disk 4 of the Mind Mysteries DVD's and Loz... the source is free.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Impression pads (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL