The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Booktest in someones home (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Richard Osterlind
View Profile
V.I.P.
2213 Posts

Profile of Richard Osterlind
Quote:
On 2005-01-27 20:06, magicman02 wrote:
What do you do when you are doing a private show at someone home and you do a booktest like UFB or MOABT and kil them with it and they say "can you do that with any book?" and they go get a book from their library. I was told once to never do a gimmick book test when there are other books around?

I did 2 bookests on ETMMM that would fit the bill.
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
Agreed both are very sneaky for impromptu use.. magicman02 yes it does seem odd to pull out your own book when they clearly have plenty of books available.

Check out peek performances for a great handling with a hard back book as well as a handling with a soft backed book.. I have used both to great success.

They do take a bit of work but it is an invalueable tool..

DT13
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
When I am in this situation, I do something a little different. I have them choose ANY book that they want from those available. I have them go to any page that they wish, and either choose a word or read a sentence in their mind. I tell them to concentrate on the word or sentence as I pick up a piece of paper and write something down. I put the pen down still holding the paper, I ask them to tell us all what the word or sentence was. When they do, I ask what page the word/sentence was on, they answer, I hand them the paper ... it says, "The word/sentence you will choose will be on page 178." You guessed it, I use a NW. I sometimes also PW using my SUC. This works GREAT!!! It is a great way to get around the ol, "Can you do that with myh book." scenario. I know that isn't really a book test, but hey ... it works for me.

Peace
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Alain Nu's impromptu booktest.
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
I've always liked, and used, the Hoy method.

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Booktest in someones home (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL