The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Billet Steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
My adorable, little, wife has invented a billet steal..so clean, so smooth, so visual & so easy. It uses a window envelope, you have the person fill out the billet, they refold it, you take it from them and place it into the envelope and they see it fall in through the window. Your hands are empty at the start and at the end...now that's Mentalism.

e-mail me if you're interested in learning the effect, no PM's please (I hate that little box for answering stuff like this)

~Rick~
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Behind every great Mentalist is an even more clever Mentalette.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
YES INDEED !!! And she is a sweetie !!!

~Rick~
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Related to David Regal's Special Delivery at all? Sounds good.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Well, I've been working with billets for 25 years now, and I've never seen it. Of course, I don't hang out with other performers and I really don't keep up with any of the other items people have out now. For all I know, there could already be a version of this out.

But...at least the little sweetheart was thinking and thought it was good enough to tell me about it and show it to me. It fooled the pants off of me...it was so very simple.

~Rick~

Well, Murphy's law... I was just told about an effect called "special delivery" that uses the very same method my wife came up with and thought was unique. Darn, she'll be let down when I tell her...she was so proud of herself. If you still don't know this effect, get back to me by e-mail and I'll still give you her method.

~Rick~
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Rick, Your going about this all wrong man! Don't let her down,instead tell her how great minds think alike and will eventually come to the same conclusion if taken seperate paths unknown to each other.
Or maybe just tell her that her strong pychic senses picked up on this,...Good Luck
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Mr. Black...for a guy who is single...that sounds like a very married man talking, LOL!

~Rick~
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
Maybe I'm not understanding this, Rick...that doesn't sound a bit like the special delivery I know.

John E.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
Hi John, Yes I was just told that in an e-mail by another person...so it looks as if Em's little switch is unique after all ! She'll be happy to hear that tomorrow when I tell her. She's in the arms of Morphious right now.

Well, I'll still share it if you e-mail me r_silmser@yahoo.ca

~Rick~
Stephen Long
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of Stephen Long
Sounds to me like the Special Delivery gimmick, just working the opposite way around. It could, of course, be original.
Hello.
RickSilmser
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of RickSilmser
This is what I found out later...but if she got near a professional method that was good enough to be published...then good for her !!

~Rick~
procyonrising
View Profile
Special user
New York
698 Posts

Profile of procyonrising
Hi Rick,

You should contact Greg Arce. He put out something called Clear Nite, which is a "see-everything" billet switch. In his original presentation, you can see the billet inside of a zip-loc bag from beginning to end.

Best,
James.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
It does sound like the special delivery gimmick in reverse though having not seen the email I cannot judge. By the way the Special Delivery Gimmick was originated by one Roger Curzon not David Regal, and is called the Curzon envelope.
One day I will write a book
johne
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of johne
I'm not familiar with any "gimmick" in special delivery...are you referring to Richard Busch's "Special Delivery." The method Rick's wife has generously shared is unique to me...Very good idea, and is not like Greg's "Clear Nite" either.

John E.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Hi Everyone -

I can't tell you how many times I've come online to talk about the envelope used in Special Delivery. After Meir Yedid and I came out with it, we received two emails - one said the effect was created by Roger Curzon, and the other said it was invented by someone else...Sam Berland. I immediately contacted Mr. Curzon, and got his method faxed to me. I also spent some money tracking down Berland's envelope. It turns out that while the envelope I was selling was very similar to Curzon's, it was EXACTLY the same as Berland's switch envelope, which Berland marketed (as "Devil Dollar") over sixty years ago. So we all have reinvented Berland's trick. In the current instruction book for "Special Devilery" this is made clear. In my case, all I've contributed is the handing of the gimmick, which isn't very different from the Mullica wallet sequence.

I hope this helps set things straight!
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Would like to give high praise to the method whoever its originator/re-inventer.

Imagine for example being able to cleanly produce any card called for (OK this requires WORK) from an envelope lying in plain view and seeing the card cleanly come out of the envelope.

Splendid.
sludge
View Profile
Special user
milton keynes, england
530 Posts

Profile of sludge
And high praise to David for caring about the history!
My hat is firmly off.
Jordan Waller
View Profile
Special user
London
610 Posts

Profile of Jordan Waller
Aye BRAVO
One day I will write a book
Loz
View Profile
Special user
London
777 Posts

Profile of Loz
Ahhh rick, changed the avatar I see. More Buschy than bushy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » A Billet Steal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL