The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best "Bang For The Buck" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jesse Feinberg
View Profile
Inner circle
www.jessesmagic.com
1074 Posts

Profile of Jesse Feinberg
DEFINATLY B'WAVE, AN ITR (or some T), Cigapen Smile, I heard the Cassandra Deck is SICK!!!! I need one I think, also the black tiger deck and the gaff deck that's coming out (lots of potential tricks...), Blizzard (incredible reactions) I performed it 5 times in a row at this walk around. Everyone was getting burned! Misled, torched and restored, star gazer, whats the bic pen trick when you balance it on the edge of something and can make it move without touching it... the original impromtu style handling? I don't know why I cant remember? anything else? hmm...
Alym Amlani
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1464 Posts

Profile of Alym Amlani
The T stuff can be somewhat difficult to pull off well - it does take considerable effort (IMHO) to make it believable. I'd agree with Blizzard, it's super strong and fairly easy to do.
Logic Defied
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Quote:
On 2005-01-29 13:23, calexa wrote:
Die-Cypher II.

Magixx

I would have to suggest Crazy Cube instead. It's about 36 bucks cheaper, it's nearly the exact same effect, and it looks more natural. Die-Cypher II is all brass, and it looks out of place, and it's bigger than crazy cube too. Crazy cube just uses to "mini film canisters" and a miniature die. I love this effect, and it involves basically no moves, so you can focus on performance, which is the most important part.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Every 'Self working' book by Fulves. Your past experience in performing can add the presentation needed to make these simple things true winners.

Scarne's Card and Trick books. As above.

I'd suggest you work on three styles of effects: Self working ones, quickly learned ones, and the more difficult things that you can learn in steps, separated by time (phases, or moves, sleights to practice, etc.)

Oh..and stay away from every eBook published since 1973.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
All of this advice has been MOST helpful! I really do appreciate it.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
Quote:
On 2005-02-02 08:53, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

Oh..and stay away from every eBook published since 1973.

Tom,

Hasn't Every eBook been published since 1973? Original print version might go back to Houdin, but I don't think ebooks have been around for 30+ years. Just an observation. One ebook worth considering is the Tarbell Course from the Learned Pig Project web site. Much cheaper than hard copy and takes up less space.

David Bilan
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-01-29 21:03, Uli Weigel wrote:
Daffydoug,
on the other hand you seem to have enough time for more than 2700 postings here and buying a lot of stuff.
Less posting + less buying new magic stuff = more practice time.
Think about it.

That's interesting. Hmmmmmmmmm.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Charles Gauci effects are for the most part simple, sleight free, and easy to do. Eye to Eye and Body Language are easy, and quite good. Not much practice needed as for the tricks. Just presentation.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Quickly...some of my favourite "perform out of the boxers" that pack a punch? Matchbox Penetration, Sticky Situation (Andy Leviss), Invisible Deck, Rising Card, Prison Box, Killer Key (Jay Sankey), Blizzard (Dean Dill), Psychokinetic Pen (Banachek), Energized Coin.... and people love a floating bill and a nice "Raven" vanish.... all simple to do and very fun stuff.

Best wishes to you.
ggarcia
View Profile
Veteran user
San Antonio Tx
395 Posts

Profile of ggarcia
If you can master equivoquet(spelling) you can perform some great on the spot mentalism.
danelwood
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
85 Posts

Profile of danelwood
Maybe too obvious, but I thought I'd toss in Card Warp--

Also Wild Card can move nicely into It's All Done with Mirrors (when they ask
how the hell did you do that?)

Also if you get a good solid Ambitious card down, it sets you up for being able to do all kinds of revelations--(impromptu rising card, card on forehead, etc.)

Dan
"Now watch closely!"
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Try "Card Warp".

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Best "Bang For The Buck" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL