The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Go for the kill? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
When performing Osterlind's Magazine Test, I've always done as shown on the DVD-predicting 2 words. Does anybody just predict the 1 word?...is this stronger?
thanks for any help, tom.
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 14 years to make
997 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Tom, IMHO, Richards method of performing the two predictions is definitely stronger with this effect.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Thanks a lot Sebastian for getting back to me so (freakishly) quickly! tom.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1042 Posts

Profile of sbays
Tom, yes definatley stick with the two word forecast. That apparent "Mistake" on the first word gives that extra UMPH to the ending. If Richard Osterlind does it, it's STRONG! I use to do a one word forecast similar to this, but once I started doing it this way, the reactions doubled! GASPS!! If you watch Osterlinds performance of this, and see the way Janel reacts to this, that is not beefed up for the camera, they react just like that all the time. This routine is GOLD! What else from Richard ...
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
The apparant 'mistake' actually prepares the audience for the second revealation and hence, strengthen the effect

IMO stick with the 2 words

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Go for the kill? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL