The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield Commercial (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I have a commercial advertising Marriott Hotels, and it's done by David Copperfield. The theme is the getting the "magic" back in your relationship. Click here for the commercial! You must have Windows Media Player to view (sorry Mac users Smile )

Justin
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
That commercial was hilarious! I have not seen that commercial in my area though. Very cool ending!
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Profile of Bascomb Grecian
Great Commercial:

Camera tricks anyone?
Welcome to The Magic Cafe'!
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Yes, I wondered about the Man to Poodle, It looks flawless....could be an illusion!

Jakks
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I have watched it many times, and in slow-mo too. They may have adjusted the speed to make it look like David was lifting and pulling the sheet really quickly, when really he was doing it slow enough to switch the guy for an elephant, then the dog (just for fun Smile ) Just a thought

Justin Smile
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

Thanks Justin for you tenacious viewing of the commercial!

I looked at it once, if Dave did not use his camera tricks, I am a monkey's uncle.

With all the talent and sheer state of being a household name, it is indeed a shame that camera tricks are used. (Or at least I think they are.)
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
You don't really have much time to do a REAL illusion or effect because you only have 30 sec. So he lifts up the covers and changes him, instead of doing a dramatic dance around 500 candles with the woman. You have to wait till his specials to see that. Smile Just kidding. His drama is what makes him good. Glad you guys liked the commercial.

Justin Flom Smile Smile
Bascomb Grecian
View Profile
Loyal user
Redding, Ca.
202 Posts

I did two thirty second commercials, I did some great close-up illusions. I had plenty of time!

And I do agree with you on the dramatic dance around 500 candles. That was the scene that looked so bright, I could not even tell what was supposed to happen.
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
is there any way a mac owner can see this.?
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
ralphdean
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Ca
300 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
I have no problem with Copperfield using camera tricks in a commercial. It is a great commercial. The "routining" and the well written "patter" tell a story with magic and not just a magic trick.

Notice how many commercials are coming out now using magicians?
Neuromancer
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Neuromancer
holy cow !! Smile
that is a cool commercial .. Especially the last trick. I wonder how it is done, I don't think it's a camera trick, he does those fast exchanges also on his shows ...

Very neat !
cya

Neuromancer
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
Great commercial! Cool ending. I wonder how it´s done Smile

Cheers,
Rod Lages
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Folks:
Of course there's a way a Mac user can see it...and it doesn't involve buying a Windows machine!

go to http://www.microsoft.com/mac, and download the Mac version of Windows Media Player, for either OS 9 or OS X.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Mina
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Mina
I will comment on the commercial the second I stop Giggling!!Thank you Justin Flom for sharing that commercial. IT made my day..I don t know about you guys, but I don t think David Copperfield used camera tricks! I think it should be obveious that he classic plamed the dog and then did a Bobo switch. Well that might just be me...

Have a great day everyone

Mina Smile Smile
OMG Did someone say Richard Sanders!?
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Great job!! It's a commercial!! Did he use camera tricks! Does it take away from the advertising? Probably not!
Life of Magic!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Thought the commercial was great. Thanks for sharing that with us. Loved it.
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
I think that's a great commercial. And going along with some other people, who cares if this was a camera trick. It was a commercial for Marriott Hotels, not an ad for David's show. It probably had camera trickery, but it was still great! Smile
Believe In Magic....I do!
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Cute commercial!

Ellen
harryandersonfan.com
New Orleans or Bust 2003
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2002-09-17 23:35, Justin Flom wrote:
I have a commercial advertising Marriott done by David Copperfield. The theme is the getting the "magic" back in your relationship.
Justin

Thank you for the heads up on that one Justin. Well what can you say - once again a class act by DC himself. Always to be expected Smile

Randy Stewart
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I did see that commercial one time about a month ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield Commercial (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL