The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » "Slick" Morgan Dollars. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Hello,
Here in Belgium, Morgan dollars are quite rare. And when we can find them, they are usually in very good shape and expensive. So, I wondered if someone in USA, which have acces to slick morgans, could contact me in order to help me to get some of them.
Would be SOOOOO nice!

Smile

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan.
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Wouldn't some older slick belgium coins work, what are you using this for if I may ask
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Euro coins are very small for a visual coins across. I looked around in coin shops for some old european coins that could fit my wishes, but dollars have a big advantage: they have milled edges, that makes them much easier to palm than other coins. So, if I have to justify (by one mean or another) the use of "bizarre" coins, it would be nice to introduce coins that will allow me to do some other effects.
For the moment, I use nickel dollars that I "softened" by myself. It works great, but I'd like the "old" looking of a "natural" slick coin.

Anyway, if someone could help me on this one, I would appreciate it.
Thanks again.
Jonathan.
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
Why don't you try Ebay. Look for coins in "good" condition. They are soft and generally quite cheap. ( 8-10 $)
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Other than finding deals, they seem to run closer to $14 each when I have looked. There are many mail order sources for coins in the US, but I don't know how affordable they would be once you add shipping cost to Belgium. Also, just so you know, if they are slick coins, they won't have much of the edge milling left. The edges get soft along with everything else. So the best thing to do is have them re-milled or soften new coins so the edges stay sharp.

If you shop Ebay and buy in bulk(10-20 coins), you will get the best price and after you sort them, you will find the 4-5 that you really like. But then again, the cost of the extra coins and then the re-milling will make them more costly.

Kirk G

Kirk G
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
E-bay ads for american coins are almost all "US shipping only".
But I'll keep looking at it. Thanks for the imput.
If someone knows a good place to get it and is ready to get some and to sell them back to me, it would be great.
Jonathan.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I am sure if you contact someone you can get them to work something out to ship to belgum. Alternatively, you could have them sent to a member of the Café and work shipping out with them..

Kirk
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
Quote:
On 2005-01-31 09:11, Jonathan P. wrote:
E-bay ads for american coins are almost all "US shipping only".
But I'll keep looking at it. Thanks for the imput.
If someone knows a good place to get it and is ready to get some and to sell them back to me, it would be great.
Jonathan.

That is not the case. Just use advanced search and mark "Available to ...". You will find that a lot of sellers ship internationally. I have bought a lot of Barber, Walking liberty and Kennedy half dollars, and some Morgan dollars off Ebay. And the shipping to Europe is reasonable and normally quite fast.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » "Slick" Morgan Dollars. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL