The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jess Cone
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Jess Cone
I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I've successfully managed to spend 3 S&S coins over the years. I've finally switched over to an Ike Dollar size coin and this has solved my problem. Sheesh. Jess Cone
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
LUCKILY I haven't. I keep them in a pouch.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1761 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Ive spent many folding quarters on accident.
davidrowyn
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of davidrowyn
My house was broken into once and my shelf of gimmicked coins was wiped clean. They were probably only worth a few dollars at face value but were a few hundred dollars to replace.

Insurance covered them after I explained what they were. That's an interesting conversation to have.

//
The King
View Profile
New user
Victoria BC, Canada
4 Posts

Profile of The King
When I first started out I spent a few folding coins until I learned to keep them in the watch pocket of my jeans.
On another note, I was performing "mislead" at a local tavern one night when the waitress took the pencil (complete with gimmick) from my table without me noticing. I am guessing that she had lost hers and thought that I had it. I did not notice until I got home. A couple of weeks later I attended a party at this waitress's home and borrowed a pencil to write down my contact info for someone. Attached to the pencil and quite invisible was my mislead gimmick so I immediately went into the routine which just floored everyone present. I discretely removed the gimmick and returned her pencil.
Badger
View Profile
Veteran user
Ireland
383 Posts

Profile of Badger
Yes, my locking 21 cent trick…and that sucks
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
Picked up an S&S coin during a high card cut. Someone, not a magician, tossed it inot the pot and it made that tell-tale thud so I offered to buy it at face value.

My best magic buy ever!

Kevin
cigam3d
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of cigam3d
I have never spent any of mine but I always have my quarter [ in my pocket and I always have to double check before giving it
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
886 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Its been years now but back when I was in the NAVY, I had a bad habit called....drinking!!! Needless to say I used a few of my gaff coins to pay for some beer with out thinking, and in Guantanimo Bay , Cuba no less!!!!! Lesson learned Smileo not carry them when I drank as I was quite mad at myself the next day. Helped me slow down on drinking too!!!
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Tap, Tap, Tap, that's the sound of me knocking on wood with my fipper, I've never lost a coin gimmick.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
jmoran76
View Profile
New user
West Palm Beach, FL
69 Posts

Profile of jmoran76
I hate to say it, but in a rush once I spent my S&S at a toll booth. It ticks me off every time I pass that booth.

John
Muckey Spleen
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Muckey Spleen
When I was a kid my little brother used to spend 'em on candy. He's lucky to be alive.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
I never spent any shells or gaffs because God knows I'm smarter than that! But I was so broke once that I actually had to spend 6 of my silver dollars for some food. It sucked to do it, but I had no choice. When I went to the deli I asked the guy not to cash them in because I would be back in a couple of days to buy them back. He said OK; I went back two days later with some bills only to find out he already "deposited" them in the bank, so he said.

I miss those F*#%ers. Being broke sucks and sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

PS. Something funny. When I was practicing my Downs palm I used to carry Eisenhower dollars everywhere. One day I was driving (don't get ahead of me) and while I was practicing, I accidentally threw a coin out the window.
walid ahumada
View Profile
Special user
sinaloa, mexico
892 Posts

Profile of walid ahumada
I had a scotch and soda 10 years ago and I use to carry with me all the time, then I moved back to mexico and forget about it, I was too busy doing cars efects, after two years I found the coin holder with the half dollar in it, but....it was a real half dollar!! I bit the hell out of it and never came apart.
“Magic becomes art when it has nothing to hide.” BEN OKRI quote
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I've have a dime/penny lost in a large jar of change!
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Romania
1342 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
I've spent my folding coin. it was a euro coin and we use Lei here in romania.
I just didn't see it. it got mixed up through my other coins and I guess some lady from the pharmacy has it now,lol.
it happens.

-Matt
Your One Stop Booze Abusing Comedy Magic Show!
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I spent my triple threat gimmick.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I also accidently spent my Kohler Holdout.

I have no idea how I did that. One second it was in my pocket and I got on the bus and the next thing I know I spent it!

Argh.
HDMAGIC
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of HDMAGIC
Just recently my nephew came into my magic room and saw a half dollar sitting on one of my magic tables. He decided he wanted it and left me two quarters for the half. He had no idea that it was the nested Scotch & Soda half. A short time later he decided he did not want the half and spent it.
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
My wife took my cig thru .25 gahering up money for cigarettes. That was one expensive pack.Now she will not spend any change without checking with me first, & I have upgraded to Johnsons Cig thru .25. No way that is going to be spent.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Did anyone ever spend their coin gimmicks on accident? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL